Kris Joseph | Syracusefan.com

Kris Joseph

Orangezoo

In the wind
Another good performance going for 11 and 5 yesterday. Was aggressive going to the hoop and didn't get trigger happy from 3. Of course you see hindsight is 20/20 but I am now wondering if he would have been the better pick for the knicks. Kjo will never be a star but seeing him play to his strengths and in the best condition ever, his experience in college and athleticism would have made him a nice young bench player with the loss of Fields. He has a better handle than fields as well, and also hustles all over. Obviously health is a concern but at 8-10 mins a game tops its better value than stashing a guy away imho.

Guess all it took was pay for play to get him to play hard... well other than the Gtown game...

Today he had 12 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists and 3 steals. Talk around town is positive granted it is only summer league, but it seems the local media is impressed with his versatility.

Another good performance going for 11 and 5 yesterday. Was aggressive going to the hoop and didn't get trigger happy from 3. Of course you see hindsight is 20/20 but I am now wondering if he would have been the better pick for the knicks. Kjo will never be a star but seeing him play to his strengths and in the best condition ever, his experience in college and athleticism would have made him a nice young bench player with the loss of Fields. He has a better handle than fields as well, and also hustles all over. Obviously health is a concern but at 8-10 mins a game tops its better value than stashing a guy away imho.
Maybe he is just better suited to not being the focus of the offense. He qould do well to studt Rovert Horrey's career.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Kris Joseph = Jeff Green, comparing kris to Robert Horry is like comparing apples and oranges!

I don't have high hopes for KJ in the NBA (mostly defensively), but one thing that will help him a ton is that he's a fantastic 4th-5th banana vs. main man.

I don't have high hopes for KJ in the NBA (mostly defensively), but one thing that will help him a ton is that he's a fantastic 4th-5th banana vs. main man.
He's actually played surprisingly great defense thus far

He's actually played surprisingly great defense thus far

i love him but i haven't seen that on defense. i saw have a hard time working through screens (against morrison) and losing his man (hayward) at the 3 pt line while he helped down low. not saying he isn't active or working hard...but i see where there's a learning curve.

I think he's shown more effort in 3 summer leagues than he did in his 4 years at SU put together.

Kris Joseph = Jeff Green, comparing kris to Robert Horry is like comparing apples and oranges!
this is so weird, when i saw the highlights today i thought "jeff green". he looks slim and ready to play.

I think he's shown more effort in 3 summer leagues than he did in his 4 years at SU put together.

i think that's insane, honestly. being easygoing in life has nothing to do with effort on the floor. kris didn't always make great choices, but i never felt it was an effort issue. he's a passive guy but was still a key player on a top team for 4 years. that doesn't happen without effort.

Kjo may be one of those rare players that has the same game no matter who else is on the court. He seems to be doing all of the things he did at the college level against close to NBA level talent.
The translation seems to be 1:1.

wait... i didnt see that much of fields... but does kjo really have a better handle than him?

kjo's glaring weakness is his ability to handle the rock. other than that, he's a 1st round pick.

Maybe he is just better suited to not being the focus of the offense. He qould do well to studt Rovert Horrey's career.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

the 1st part may be right... but robert horry had a very good, long and winning career. lets not compare kjo to him just yet.

i just looked up horry's stats, and boy did i overrate his very good career. it wasnt even OK... it was just productive.

so maybe kjo can have his statistical career, hopefully that long...

but it will take a lot to be as remembered as big shot bob. just a guess, but he has to be the most 'revered' player to average less than 10 pts a game (maybe there was a pg?)

i think that's insane, honestly. being easygoing in life has nothing to do with effort on the floor. kris didn't always make great choices, but i never felt it was an effort issue. he's a passive guy but was still a key player on a top team for 4 years. that doesn't happen without effort.
I always had an issue with his motor. How many 3's have we had at the bottom of zone that got 0 or 1 rebound in some games despite playing 30+ minutes? I get sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way, but there was plenty times where I thought he just didn't have the desire of the other 9 guys on the court. He was still important to our team, no doubt; and he obviously cared about winning watching some of his PC's (especially after the OSU game, the only more emotional PC I've seen was Rautins after Butler).

Something just always bothered me about the way he played.

wait... i didnt see that much of fields... but does kjo really have a better handle than him?

kjo's glaring weakness is his ability to handle the rock. other than that, he's a 1st round pick.
Yes. Fields made KJo look like he was putting on an And1 clinic.

i just looked up horry's stats, and boy did i overrate his very good career. it wasnt even OK... it was just productive.

so maybe kjo can have his statistical career, hopefully that long...

but it will take a lot to be as remembered as big shot bob. just a guess, but he has to be the most 'revered' player to average less than 10 pts a game (maybe there was a pg?)
Robert "Bob" Horry is HOF in my book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom