Kudos to 2 players | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to 2 players

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Bleich and Sparrow both had their highest grades of the season vs. BC.

Bleich was near the very top of very good in pass blocking and was our highest graded OL for pass blocking. He was a little above average in run blocking but was also our highest grade.

Sparrow was our highest graded defender and graded in the very good range. In the individual categories he graded the highest in pass rushing and in coverage.

yeah Sparrow had a monster game. I believe he's been getting better every time out. The LB battle this spring should be a good one.

McDonald didn't play against BC (hurt again) and Roon hasn't played in a month or more. Lowery has had some nice plays in limited minutes. Have to feel pretty good back filling for Mikel with what's coming back next season.

Last edited:

Bleich was near the very top of very good in pass blocking and was our highest graded OL for pass blocking. He was a little above average in run blocking but was also our highest grade.

Sparrow was our highest graded defender and graded in the very good range. In the individual categories he graded the highest in pass rushing and in coverage.
Particularly good when combined with the news that Bleich is returning next year. The rating on Sparrow definitely matched what I saw on tape.

And Linton is becoming a pass rushing menace on the edge

yeah Sparrow had a monster game. I believe he's been getting better every time out. The LB battle this spring should be a good one.

McDonald didn't play against BC (hurt again) and Roon hasn't played in a month or more. Lowery has had some nice plays in limited minutes. Have to feel pretty good back filling for Mikel with what's coming back next season.

McDonald and Roon are both injured and likely out for the season (no bowl game).

Huh, I’ve watched these little group celebrations all season without flags. Throw it on all of them or not at all.
I assumed it was because they used the ball as a prop? It’s silly either way. They weren’t talking / insulting the other team. They celebrated a big play. Footballs an emotional sport. It’s one thing when taunting but they were just celebrating a turnover.