Kudos to Ben Lewis | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Ben Lewis

Crusty

Living Legend
upload_2014-9-21_14-52-43.png

Caught 3 passes for 38 yards and was a 7-11 - open all day. This kid has pretty good hands and it developing into a very good receiver. I believe he is a RS Soph.

Nice game Ben!

Almost had that TD as well. Out of bounds/holding.

Not to be critical because i agree he is looking like a solid player but he needs to get a foot in on that almost td. That was a good throw but it wouldve been incomplete if not for the penalty.

Not to be critical because i agree he is looking like a solid player but he needs to get a foot in on that almost td. That was a good throw but it wouldve been incomplete if not for the penalty.
I agree, but he is very inexperienced. He'll learn.

im expecting broyld to be out for the season so i wonder if they move Lewis into the slot.

im expecting broyld to be out for the season so i wonder if they move Lewis into the slot.
Whatever happened to Avant? I thought he had been a sneaky good player in the pre-season at the "h-back" position. Did he get hurt?

Lewis reminds me a lot of Jeff Lowe. He can be a very good possession receiver for us--kid has already shown a knack for making plays.

Broylds out for the season?

No idea. But he went out in the first Q and didn't return. Non contact injury coming off the line, came up lame. My first thought was the dreaded lower body injury; as in knee.

Last edited:
Lewis reminds me a lot of Jeff Lowe. He can be a very good possession receiver for us--kid has already shown a knack for making plays.

I wonder if Lewis and West will be used in the slot more. I realize that in today's football world you can't expect a WR to move inside or outside, but it makes you wonder why they are both outside guys. They would seem to be better for quick slants/inside throws as opposed to beating corners on the outside.

Love Lewis-he is tough. Reminds me a bit of Alec lemon.

Thought the same thing. Catches everything he should, drags defenders for extra yards, and showed nice verticle to try and reel in a pass that was about 5 feet over his head. perhaps we should be paying more attention to uber productive, smaller school, Maryland WR's in the recruiting market.

Would like to see him get a few more targets that end up elsewhere.

Thought the same thing. Catches everything he should, drags defenders for extra yards, and showed nice verticle to try and reel in a pass that was about 5 feet over his head. perhaps we should be paying more attention to uber productive, smaller school, Maryland WR's in the recruiting market.

Would like to see him get a few more targets that end up elsewhere.
Was fourth in snaps the other day to West, Ishmael, and Estime. Big target who can move and seems to have good hands. All-around solid out there. Love the Lemon comparison.

View attachment 24779

Caught 3 passes for 38 yards and was a 7-11 - open all day. This kid has pretty good hands and it developing into a very good receiver. I believe he is a RS Soph.

Nice game Ben!

Awesome post.

Between the fans calling to can the staff and that we just suck after the VU game, and now the UMD game ... and those claiming we'll go 4-0 with the upcoming UND game I'm glad to see a little more objectivity. I saw promise in some parts of our game and Ben was a definitely a part of that - awesome to see him grab those balls.

I think we just need to be honest about our team - we have some deficiencies and we should be realistic about our potential this year. But that doesn't mean that we can't get excited about how players are stepping up and we're moving forward ... at least a little bit ... ok, may be snail paced ... but moving forward :)

I wanted to buy Lewis a flair gun so Hunt would see how open he was a couple of times. Maybe an orange jersey like hunters wear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom