Kudos to Moyer | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to Moyer

kuethstheman

All Conference
Some nice flailing blocked shots!

Did anyone notice that on that crazy three just before half-time, he almost blocked the 2nd shot too? Great awareness and body control to block the 1st shot, land, and immediately spring up to take a swipe at the 2nd one.

Did anyone notice that on that crazy three just before half-time, he almost blocked the 2nd shot too? Great awareness and body control to block the 1st shot, land, and immediately spring up to take a swipe at the 2nd one.
That sequence was the most asinine thing I've ever witnessed. The dude 21'd a blocked 3 with .2 on the clock.

What a great play by that MSU player, but yeah you're right - watched it again and can't believe his effort to contest the retry.
Insane Play!

2018-03-18-dn-subasket50jpg-13ca3812b1298cc5.jpg

I just think Moyer will eventually turn into that guy that we always seem to be missing. Quality depth, 4 year guy who bleeds orange. I don't expect him to go anywhere and when peoples expectations become realistic he will be a fan favorite for a long time. The game will slow down for him and he will mature. We haven't had depth in a long time and I feel he will eventually be a key guy. Looks to be maybe the 4th forward next year but year three he could be forced to start with Brissett and Bazely likely gone.

I just think Moyer will eventually turn into that guy that we always seem to be missing. Quality depth, 4 year guy who bleeds orange. I don't expect him to go anywhere and when peoples expectations become realistic he will be a fan favorite for a long time. The game will slow down for him and he will mature. We haven't had depth in a long time and I feel he will eventually be a key guy. Looks to be maybe the 4th forward next year but year three he could be forced to start with Brissett and Bazely likely gone.

Completely agree. Two weeks ago, people were questioning if he was good enough to ever play here. I think his career will unfold exactly the way you're describing.

He had some ups and downs this year as a frosh, part time starter, but valuable learning experience [including gaining some NCAA tournament experience]. Next year, we go from having virtually no depth to having an abundance of depth, and his role gets diminished behind Bazley / Brissett. He'll be the fourth forward, but provide an embarrassment of quality depth at forward.

The following year, both Brissett / Bazley make the jump, and we plug a now upperclassman Moyer into the starting lineup. Many will be wringing their hands about how we'll replace those two star caliber players. Two years down the line, Moyer will have completely reshaped his body. He'll be in peak shape, and have a lot of experience under his belt. He'll slide right in at the 4 and be a very good player for us his final two years in Orange.

One other note on Moyer, man does he have like no arc on his foul shots, that can't be by design??

He is a bizarrely explosive leaper
I noticed this myself... the kid is explosive as all get out but at times seems to have limited body control. Reminds me a ton of Terrance Roberts... but Roberts was even more explosive especially his earlier years before his knee became a problem.

One other note on Moyer, man does he have like no arc on his foul shots, that can't be by design??
Hopefully the coaches give him the Chukwu and work his FT shooting like they did with Pascal.

Moyer's effort and attitude are A+. I wish we could always have guys like him on our teams. Great teammate. Works his butt off. Ready to contribute. Give him time -- not everyone can contribute right away. Hate when write someone off as a freshman and then complain we have 1 and done's. Need some program guys, too.

When I look at Moyer I envision Kris Joseph. In Joseph first two years he wasn't much of a shooter either. Then his junior year he started hitting the outside shot which opened up his game. I think the talent is in there. We will see if the shot improves and the talent comes out fully. It is the staffs job to get that out of him.

His energy is contagious, just watch him in the locker room post game or when he's on the sideline, as others have said he bleeds orange. This is the type of kid every program needs...would love to see him get more playing time and experience and give our starters more rest.

Did anyone see what Purdue did most of the game? Played the Eifert kid on D when they could and subbed him out on offensive trips...I think Moyer would excel in this role...and give our starters much needed breathers...

He is a bizarrely explosive leaper

*First leaper.

His second jump hasn't had much spring, and this was the case before the injury.

I still think he can be a solid rebounder; he's not Roberson or senior Rick Jackson, but he seems to have an innate understanding of how a shot's going to miss. With a little more conditioning and a little more game experience, he'll only improve.

When I look at Moyer I envision Kris Joseph. In Joseph first two years he wasn't much of a shooter either. Then his junior year he started hitting the outside shot which opened up his game. I think the talent is in there. We will see if the shot improves and the talent comes out fully. It is the staffs job to get that out of him.

Lets hope he can transform his body like Kris did. Kris was pretty out of shape his frosh year and came back a totally different person which made him more explosive

Lets hope he can transform his body like Kris did. Kris was pretty out of shape his frosh year and came back a totally different person which made him more explosive

Yup that is part of my comparison. Seem very similar overall. Hopefully he progresses the way Kris did.