kudos to Nolan - GREAT article | Syracusefan.com

kudos to Nolan - GREAT article

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
it appears NW has come of age...

http://syracusepoststandard.ny.newsmemory.com/

better link:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/02/syracuse_football_coach_scott_2.html

This may have been posted already but just made the paper this morning, so apologies OE if I missed it. But with all the recruiting news as of late, the new staff, and the leadership of the guy at the helm, my prediction is we see the fence sitters and fairweatherers making a return to the dome this fall.

How can you not be excited with all the goings on as of late!

i dont see a NW article today

i dont see a NW article today
NW=Nolan Weidner

Click on the link Cuseregular provided and look for the Shafer article on the list that comes up...very good article

NW=Nolan Weidner

Click on the link Cuseregular provided and look for the Shafer article on the list that comes up...very good article

Yea I knew who NW was. It looks like he fixed the link. The original link didnt have a NW article because it was today's newspaper. I believe this article is from Friday's paper.

guy will be a legend if he produces on the field- he has already become one of us-

Yea I knew who NW was. It looks like he fixed the link. The original link didnt have a NW article because it was today's newspaper. I believe this article is from Friday's paper.
yeah finally had time to check back. Must be the way things are done now. Was out on friday but just made the local paper today, go figure. The one day I was too busy to read all of OE links was the day this great sports, err, "human interest" article comes out.

His favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers That's pretty cool.

Thanks to Coach Shafer for sharing his story with us. DM would never do this and this is why HCSS will connect with the fans in CNY better than Doug.
The lesson I took out of the article: If you want to become successful in life you need to take sips from your Dad's beer stock preferably before 10-12 years old.

Glad I loved drinking my Dad's Lowenbrau (was a great beer before Miller got it) as a kid. Of course today that would be horrible parenting to have your kids take sips of beer.

It was always horrible parenting. Of all the things you can say its a shame we don't do to or with our kids anymore, this isn't one of them. With that said, I got sips out of my Dad's beer too!

The lesson I took out of the article: If you want to become successful in life you need to take sips from your Dad's beer stock preferably before 10-12 years old.

Glad I loved drinking my Dad's Lowenbrau (was a great beer before Miller got it) as a kid. Of course today that would be horrible parenting to have your kids take sips of beer.

I got to taste beer at age 5, up at my grandparent's camp on Lake Bonaparte. It was Carling Black Label :confused: and back then, they didn't invent poptop cans yet, so you had to use a can opener.

I got to taste beer at age 5, up at my grandparent's camp on Lake Bonaparte. It was Carling Black Label :confused: and back then, they didn't invent poptop cans yet, so you had to use a can opener.

I remember drinking it out of a bottle...with a nipple.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

What an awesome article. Hard not to root for a guy like SS.

He will be successful here. And has already impressed the fans.

It calm out harsher than I meant it. He does deserve kudos... It was a great article. But I think it's because the subject interests him. You can tell he enjoyed writing it. I don't get the same feeling when he's covering press conferences or doing player interviews pre and post game.

ummm, ok...

my dad was a liquor salesman- had plenty to choose from-
best part was he would get loaded every weekend up north and i would drive home- started driving when i was 12 -

During the fall of 1988 he met and fell in love with a senior from the Cleveland suburb of Bay Village named Missy Elliott.

missyelliott01.jpg

Who knew HCSS was married to Missy Elliott? That's a whole other side of Coach.

missyelliott01.jpg

Who knew HCSS was married to Missy Elliott? That's a whole other side of Coach.
12202781-standard.jpg

Ahhhh...no...that would be the real Missy Elliot in the middle when HCSS was a grad assistant at Indiana;)