Kudos to the defense | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to the defense

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
They were awesome-
In a game where we:
1)Gave up field goal block for a TD
2) Nassib basically fumbled twice (one we recovered, but lost so much yardage, it was practically a turnover) and threw 2 INT's
3) Our Punt returner (allegedly) fumbled at our own 14-yard line

They still gave us a chance to win. Very proud of them and they should be proud of their efforts.

I think that the reason we committed turnovers was because they were faster and bigger than us. Until we start measuring up with 6-6 6-7 huge guys, we will be dominated by bigger Defenses. Compared to Rutgers our size looked like a good MAC team. Every team thAt is good has size. It took coAch shady 5 years to make it to a bowl. We are being killed by not having the facilities to recruit these blue chip guys. Think about the melo center and what it did for our already top basketball program. Rutgers And Uconn already have their melo football centers. I like Doug And I think 4 years is not enough time to rebuild from being in the bottom 10 for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After Rutgers the defense moved up to #28 nationally in total yards allowed. They are building something special, so I hope they can stay locked in and continue to grow. Eventually the offense will stop putting them in terrible situations and help them out some.

Run D was awesome again. Pass D was helped a bit by RU WRs having no hands. They could have blown it open. But we knew that going in so making them execute was smart.

Yea, Rutgers took some shots they probably could have hit, but that sort of thing is more likely to happen when the defense is giving the offense fits throughout the game. It seems like most of the time a WR gets behind our defense Wilkes or Anderson are involved. I believe Anderson can improve. Lyn seems to do a pretty good job. Reddish seems to play at a high level consistently.

Let's face it the D is why we are not getting blown out. If you give Shafer some time with these guys I think we could be good at D for several years in a row. Now, if we could fix the offense that has average under 14 points for the last four games.

I think that the reason we committed turnovers was because they were faster and bigger than us. Until we start measuring up with 6-6 6-7 huge guys, we will be dominated by bigger Defenses. Compared to Rutgers our size looked like a good MAC team. Every team thAt is good has size. It took coAch shady 5 years to make it to a bowl. We are being killed by not having the facilities to recruit these blue chip guys. Think about the melo center and what it did for our already top basketball program. Rutgers And Uconn already have their melo football centers. I like Doug And I think 4 years is not enough time to rebuild from being in the bottom 10 for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We must of watched a different games. Other than their ridiculously large WR's the only other position where they looked bigger than us was at LB. I thought we had the better of play along the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom