Kudos to the staff | Syracusefan.com

Kudos to the staff

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Coming into the second qtr and into half I think we were all concerned. I know the FINE MESS gang all together was. My only beef with the staff to date was that they we'ren't good on the fly in game situations, mostly with certain decisions.

In an OOC conference game like this one you don't have years of film on them and time studied over the years to know well the other teams schemes and tendencies. That makes it harder to prepare if and until you see them on the field you really don't know what to expect.

I said to some of the guys we're going to see just how sharp this staff is to see if they can come out in the second half and make the appropriate adjustments both offensively and defensively to keep in the game to give them a chance to win it with things like defending better against that bubble screen, etc, not to mention the subtle changes I noticed in the positioning and angles of some of the players on D to keep them better in check.

Well A+ job by the staff doing the little things out coaching their opponents making the adjustments at the half that helped the team overcome all the obstacles that make an away game so difficult to win. This is huge boys (and ladies). Extension time and it's good to see a staff and coach improving over their tenure here. This staff is all in as am I.

Not one "fire Hackett" post today.

That says something.
It is interesting to see him mature before our eyes. He still has a ways to go but he has a great new toy to polish and I think he will over the next couple of years.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I would be a little concerned of keeping this staff together, just based on how well they're performing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom