Kuran iverson | Syracusefan.com

Kuran iverson

Was just about to post this...

Wonder what Francis thinks about this?

Was just about to post this...

Wonder what Francis thinks about this?
As Paulie P said it's due diligence by the staff. I still think he ends up at UConn when it's all said and done.

As Paulie P said it's due diligence by the staff. I still think he ends up at UConn when it's all said and done.
Yeah that's what has been said for the past couple months that UConn was his "Dream school," just wanted your thoughts

Yeah that's what has been said for the past couple months that UConn was his "Dream school," just wanted your thoughts

Iverson's dream school is Kentucky - he'd probably commit on the spot if they offered him. All indications are that Calipari is lukewarm at best about him.

Even Uconn hasn't put the full court press on him just yet. There are effort and character issues there, although it sounds like he's played very well this spring/summer.

Iverson's dream school is Kentucky - he'd probably commit on the spot if they offered him. All indications are that Calipari is lukewarm at best about him.

Even Uconn hasn't put the full court press on him just yet. There are effort and character issues there, although it sounds like he's played very well this spring/summer.
Hmmm, didn't know that, thanks for the update. Should be interesting in seeing where he ends up now.

he just visited uconn. and will visit cuse memphis and florida before deciding. seems not to have a great attitude right? seems like memphis and florida in with alot of the same recruits as us.

The only recruiting class out of those listed I would even consider trading with is Florida. Ennis is exactly what the program needs going forward. With Vonleh, Roberson, Lawrence, and most likely Wiggins all available at the forward spot still in 2013 I'd be shocked if the staff didn't get a commitment from one of them. On top of that, by all indications we seem to still be in the running for Selden and Jordan. Pretty much all of those players I just mentioned are more highly regarded than most of the guys signed by those programs you listed. The team has a lot of depth and talent at pretty much every position besides point guard (where we signed our top target) waiting in the pipeline ready to fill in. I have no problem with a program who has a commitment from their top target and in the running for 1 or 2 more great building blocks to add to an already loaded roster.

I find it comical when people start saying that they are worrying about our recruiting, we already have a top 25 guard. All of these other players that are committing to other schools have not been recruited by us in months and were not serious targets. And as for the 61 out of the top 100 players who are committed, which of them had offers or we're even watched by our staff? Has anyone noticed that our serious prospects all still have us on their lists (Roberson, Lawrence, Young, Vonleh) and when you are recruiting against teams like Kentucky and unc it's more of a dogfight. I fully expect the staff to get one of those forwards and possibly another guard and this class will look similar to all our other top classes.

I find it comical when people start saying that they are worrying about our recruiting, we already have a top 25 guard. All of these other players that are committing to other schools have not been recruited by us in months and were not serious targets. And as for the 61 out of the top 100 players who are committed, which of them had offers or we're even watched by our staff? Has anyone noticed that our serious prospects all still have us on their lists (Roberson, Lawrence, Young, Vonleh) and when you are recruiting against teams like Kentucky and unc it's more of a dogfight. I fully expect the staff to get one of those forwards and possibly another guard and this class will look similar to all our other top classes.
Jefferson and Williams were on our list and they were serious prospects. Once they commit elsewhere, they're off our list, so you're good, right?
http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/183/class/2013/page/offers

Glad I made you laugh. Thanks for the welcome aboard, you guys are awesome!

Jefferson and Williams were on our list and they were serious prospects. Once they commit elsewhere, they're off our list, so you're good, right?
http://espn.go.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/183/class/2013/page/offers

Francis can confirm, but Jefferson certainly seemed to be one of SU's primary targets, but he was among a handful of highly ranked forward prospects. He is the only one to have made a decision, while we are on the short list of the rest. I think people are just saying that it is not the time to panic, because we are in great shape and likely to get one of our forward prospects. Williams, I don't believe he was an "A" list prospect for SU.

Francis can confirm, but Jefferson certainly seemed to be one of SU's primary targets, but he was among a handful of highly ranked forward prospects. He is the only one to have made a decision, while we are on the short list of the rest. I think people are just saying that it is not the time to panic, because we are in great shape and likely to get one of our forward prospects. Williams, I don't believe he was an "A" list prospect for SU.
All good, I agree, it's not panic time.

Oh geez, not this kind of post again lol th_kglaugh.png

Jefferson was always a strong lean for Zona since the early part of the summer and the staff knew this. Which is why SU wasn't a big factor in his recruitment late. Kam Williams was mainly a plan B option who would've jumped on an offer from what I was told, but the staff decided not to do so. If we lose out on Roberson, Selden etc, then I can understand the disappointment but recruiting is fine and let's wait n see the results of our A-list targets before being worried.

I'd bet that by spring of '13 we will have a formidable recruiting class. It seems clear that we are in great shape with the recruits we've targeted and with the landscape of college basketball it is these days it can take a little longer for the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.

Having already gotten a commitment from Ennis we have satisfied our greatest need and I'm comfortable in trusting that JB and the coaching staff have everything well in hand. Patience is the operant word with next years recruiting class.

You took one example of a forward (Jefferson) but disregard all the other forwards were still in with. No school can take three players at the same position in a year except maybe saint johns. If you expect to get every recruit who lists us your going to disappointed. And as Francis said Williams was a plan b.

Of the 7 recruiting services that contribute to RSCI's recruiting poll, the lowest ranking for Kuran Iverson is 32nd and the highest is 21st. I think that would have been a very good pickup for us, an athletic 6'8" forward whom is consistently ranked in the top 30. I always hate it when people disparage a recruit just because he committed somewhere else.

Now, was he a top target of ours, I don't know. But he would have been a very good recruit to get, based on the experts who rank such things as their job.