Kyle Hits Another TD | Syracusefan.com

Kyle Hits Another TD

Isn’t it obvious that there’s no real defense?

First team defense got steamrolled in the 1st quarter, but held firm on the first couple drives of the 2nd quarter. I don't think they played the true first string linemen on all that many plays, either.

First team defense got steamrolled in the 1st quarter, but held firm on the first couple drives of the 2nd quarter. I don't think they played the true first string linemen on all that many plays, either.
A bit worried with DT’s they were getting plowed. Walk on RB was running all over them. Hopefully they left guys out and will get Jobity back. Going to miss Darton IMO. Good news is w have a lot of bodies so can keep guys fresh. Maybe our Oline is great?

A bit worried with DT’s they were getting plowed. Walk on RB was running all over them. Hopefully they left guys out and will get Jobity back. Going to miss Darton IMO. Good news is w have a lot of bodies so can keep guys fresh. Maybe our Oline is great?

so the OL did well (finally) and now we're worried about the DTs ? I love scrimmages.

That was my one concern - hard to read too much into it though

Isn’t it obvious that there’s no real defense?

The entire pace is half speed. A big nothing burger as far as competitive football. But teammates are working on rapport, which of course has benefits

so the OL did well (finally) and now we're worried about the DTs ? I love scrimmages.
Lol. Yes, you want to win in all areas. It’s a scrimmage so hard to really know just an observation and maybe it’s because our O-line is great. Really like our top 2 RBs and Hart looked good also.

The entire pace is half speed. A big nothing burger as far as competitive football. But teammates are working on rapport, which of course has benefits

It was more like 3/4 speed. They weren't jogging out there. They were competing. They just weren't diving at people like they would in a game.

Lol. Yes, you want to win in all areas. It’s a scrimmage so hard to really know just an observation and maybe it’s because our O-line is great. Really like our top 2 RBs and Hart looked good also.

Of course it's a scrimmage, but with so many new guys, it was good to see. I recall offensive lines mostly being blown up in past spring games. As I said to one guy I was sitting with, "Usually the defense is ahead of the offense in the spring (especially with a whole new coaching staff and all this turnover)."

The offensive line (1st string) looks every bit the part of an ACC line. Big, strong guys. Fit-looking guys. Very good pass protection. Opened some holes for the running game.

The 2nd string was not that good. They had maybe 3 guys who looked like they could sub into the first team. Two guys were enormously fat, and one of them could barely got on and off the field. Another at tackle has some complete misses against 2nd string rush ends.

We have new guys coming into summer camp. I still think we need another 2 or 3 viable guys to emerge from the incoming freshmen and any last guy or two we might pull from JUCO or the portal.

I'm bullish. I think it's because our OLine is improved. That said, the D was playing straight up.