Kyle McCord named to Davey O'Brien Award Watch List | Syracusefan.com

Kyle McCord named to Davey O'Brien Award Watch List

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
I think we got a real steal with McCord. The only key measure that he didn’t match his predecessors was TD’s. He had 24, Stroud, Fields, Haskins were in the 40’s and 50’s (which is nuts). Even without all the passing TDs went 11-1 as a starter with the loss being by 6 to the NC on the road, closest game of the year.

He averaged 264, was over 9yds per attempt, 4 to td to int.

He faced the #2, 3, 7, 10 ranked pass defenses last year and exceeded their average yds allowed by 114, 83, 114, and 13 yds. BTW he practiced everyday against the #1 PD. Still ended up top 25 in most stats, 11 in yds per attempt, 13th in rating.

Depending on tempo I think 3800 yds, 36 tds is achievable.

Perhaps an unanswerable question, but how many times has the winner not been one of the preseason picks? 36 is a lot of QBs.

I think we got a real steal with McCord. The only key measure that he didn’t match his predecessors was TD’s. He had 24, Stroud, Fields, Haskins were in the 40’s and 50’s (which is nuts). Even without all the passing TDs went 11-1 as a starter with the loss being by 6 to the NC on the road, closest game of the year.

He faced the #2, 3, 7, 10 ranked pass defenses last year and exceeded their average yds allowed by 114, 83, 114, and 13 yds. BTW he practiced everyday against the #1 PD. Still ended up top 25 in most stats, 11 in yds per attempt, 13th in rating.

In1000% agree

It’s amazing how much people have put him down but kid is the real deal

I actually expect him to have a very very good season

Agree with all of this 100%.

I just went back and re-watched the Ohio St. vs Michigan condensed game. The reason Ohio St. lost that game was because of their defense. McCord had a nice game even playing on a busted up ankle. I know the stat line shows 2 pics, but really only place partial blame on McCord for the first one. The second pic was on the final drive and the O-line got manhandled by the Michigan D-Line which impacted the throw.

I expect big things from McCord this year, and I think he's going to want to prove all of the haters wrong. He's going to want to prove he should be one of the first QBs picked in the NFL draft. He might not have Harrison Jr, but I would argue that he has more weapons this year and will be able to spread the ball out more and keep the defenses on their toes.

He faced the #2, 3, 7, 10 ranked pass defenses last year and exceeded their average yds allowed by 114, 83, 114, and 13 yds.
You highlighted a great point here.

Yeah he had talent around him, but the dude was throwing the full route tree all over the field against elite talent.

It’s wild that the OSU fanbase didn’t want to have him back. Fitting that they downgraded at QB.

Kid is gonna ball out this year.

Last edited:
McCord is the best returning passer in the ACC. Ward had a 160 more attempts last year and therefore 600 more yds. Only one more TD than McCord.

McCord crushed him in Qb rating and yds per attempt. 11-1 vs 5-7. Much better defenses faced.

King good production , but 17 Ints. Klubnick - not even close. DJ - you have got to be kidding.

3rd highest returning QB in the country. Finished above multiple 1st rd draft picks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolphinDad

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom