Lack of a PG | Syracusefan.com

Lack of a PG

Yup but at least they have Coleman coming in next year
Yeah, I was going to say at least they are actively remedying that issue next year with a highly rated PG.

They do have a bunch of 6'3" SG's, so I guess they need the facilitator most.

We are not alone. Interesting reading the article with my Cheerios this morning, I had to laugh. Change the program (UT) and some of the names and we'd be talking about Cuse this year.

What's wrong with Texas Longhorns basketball? | SportsDay

Just for fun:

"Watching Syracuse play, watching both teams play, and just finding out where I was needed more," Coleman said, calling Boeheim a player's coach. "Constantly, you're just hearing, like 'Syracuse needs a point guard. They need a point guard. Things would be different if they had a point guard.'"
More than a young roster or the difficulty of the ACC, the absence of a true point guard is the root of Syracuse's trouble.

"I think there was a sense that Syracuse would make a big jump up this season but no one could anticipate the loss of Tyler Ennis 3 years ago and what it would mean," Fraschilla said. "They are playing without a true point guard, which is like playing football without a quarterback."

Yeah, this Cuse mad libs version does fit...

Obviously it is time for Shaka to go. Since his miraculous run in the tourney (which we can all agree was a fluke, a mere product of a gimmicky style that surprises teams in a tournament setting), he hasn't done jack. There is no excuse for his lack of player development, his inept recruiting, and his woefully sparse, unimaginative playbook.

Give him a proper sendoff and get some new blood into this program. Find someone who isn't afraid to hug his players and tweet bedtime stories to recruits.

Well it's going to be even worse next year if Lydon leaves.