Lack of development of our freshmen... | Syracusefan.com

Lack of development of our freshmen...

UD1954

Scout Team
has really hurt this years team and Boeheim deserves some of the blame...he recruited them but really doesn't want to play them...and doesn't..lol

After what I've seen Cooney do in games ... I wouldn't want to play him either.

Lack of development of our freshman in 2010 hurts us now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It's the zone. It's easier for a kid to come to the college game playing M2M. It's much more difficult to come in and adjust to the zone.

Since the title year, which freshman have had above average impacts, especially relative to expectations?

'06: Devo
'08 Flynn
'08 Greene
'10 Triche
'11: Fair

Severe disappointments:

'11 Melo
'12 X-mas
'13 Coleman

Mild to moderate disappointments:

'04 Watkins
'04 Nichols
'05 J. Wright
'05 D. Wright
'07 Harris
'07 Jones
'09 Joseph
'09 Jones
'10 Riley
'11 Waiters
'12 Carter-Williams
'13 Cooney

Incomplete to average :

'04 Roberts
'06 Onuaku
'06 Rautins
'07 Brennan-McBride
'08 Jardine
'08 Jackson
'08 Williams
'10 Southerland
'11 Keita
'13 Grant

Severe disappointments:

'11 Melo
'12 X-mas
'13 Coleman

And yet Melo was most improved as a Soph, and key to our potential Final Four run.

It takes a little longer for centers.

Grant has regressed as the season has progressed. He went from being very successful because he never brings the ball below his waist or uses a dribble on the block to someone who always brings the ball below his waist and often tries to dribble.

Don't know how he's gained this quirk after he was already doing things the right way on his own, with high school instruction.

Watching Rak play I have to put some blame on Boeheim. I just dont get the love affair with Keita. DC2 had the injury so thats that but Rak should be playing 3/4 of the game and should have been fed the ball from time to time earlier this season. The ability is there but it cant be harnessed when you never get a chance and have to keep looking over your shoulder at someone who is 1/10 as talented as you.

well when we suddenly needed grant he was a phenom. once he was again a JB afterthought he struggled.

I dont know if Rak demanded on being recruited or JB decided one day...but the thing that killed him was farting around as a PF for a year and a half.

Watching Rak play I have to put some blame on Boeheim. I just dont get the love affair with Keita. DC2 had the injury so thats that but Rak should be playing 3/4 of the game and should have been fed the ball from time to time earlier this season. The ability is there but it cant be harnessed when you never get a chance and have to keep looking over your shoulder at someone who is 1/10 as talented as you.

He should be getting 15 touches and should have been getting them all year.

We'd be a better team with fewer losses if we'd incorporated the capable big man into our offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom