Lack of experience is magnified | Syracusefan.com

Lack of experience is magnified

Flacusian

All Conference
in the closing minutes of the close games. The experience difference that St. John's had came into play in those closing minutes. They knew what to do to get an open shot. Our end of game performance is really pretty rough. There really isn't anyone to go to who has a calm enough demeanor and the knowledge of what to do as a go to guy. Our team seemed rushed and completely disconnected from each other in those final few minutes. Opportunities squandered on our end which resulted in opportunities which were capitalized on by St. John's.

We played well enough to win... but we didn't play well enough to win when it really counted in the final few minutes. I'm not shocked by the fact that they couldn't make plays at the end. But I am disappointed and worried that we continue to be essentially unable to shoot the ball from the outside AT ALL.

in the closing minutes of the close games. The experience difference that St. John's had came into play in those closing minutes. They knew what to do to get an open shot. Our end of game performance is really pretty rough. There really isn't anyone to go to who has a calm enough demeanor and the knowledge of what to do as a go to guy. Our team seemed rushed and completely disconnected from each other in those final few minutes. Opportunities squandered on our end which resulted in opportunities which were capitalized on by St. John's.

We played well enough to win... but we didn't play well enough to win when it really counted in the final few minutes. I'm not shocked by the fact that they couldn't make plays at the end. But I am disappointed and worried that we continue to be essentially unable to shoot the ball from the outside AT ALL.
We essentially have only 2 guys who can score...Rak and CMc. The other guys don't want to shoot at crunch time. We just tried to force the ball into them and they were smothered resulting in TO's and blocked shots. We have a tough time getting good shots because the PG play is poor. MG isn't really a PG but at this point he's better than KJ who has been a train wreck.

I get that, but the thing is we really have no business being in close games like this. We hit even 2 of the 20 threes before we were up 5 and we have a double digit lead with a few minutes to go, ditto for the Michigan game. The sad fact is while we're not that good in crunch time, we're not good in the other 38 minutes either.

We essentially have only 2 guys who can score...Rak and CMc. The other guys don't want to shoot at crunch time. We just tried to force the ball into them and they were smothered resulting in TO's and blocked shots. We have a tough time getting good shots because the PG play is poor. MG isn't really a PG but at this point he's better than KJ who has been a train wreck.
Alas, Rak and CMc will be gone next year.

OK, our guards are big time talents - does that make u feel better? did u just watch this kid from St. Johns anal rape us? have u watched Cooney? Joseph can have a pass because of age but regardless together they are horrid

We did not play well enough to win. Lack of experience can't continue to be an excuse. Kansas came back against Florida and they have TONS of youth. Poor and poorer decisions late in games lately. Too many guards who can't penetrate. Skills eroding. At some point you have to look at recruiting or coaching. Not much has changed since the collapse last season. I mean the recruit rankings coming in as of late are supposedly very good. What is going on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom