Lack of player development this year. | Syracusefan.com

Lack of player development this year.

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Outside of Fair, there hasn't been one player that has made tremendous development this year. Triche really hasn't improved much in his 4 years and might even be regressing. Xmas has shown zero improvement. Bate is the same skinny frosh that arrived 3 years ago. Southerland has always been a great shooter but has failed to develop any kind of handle. Cooney is a basket case and Coleman hasn't gotten out of the gate. I'll give Grant some credit because he has shown some good growth this year.

It's tough to make a deep run in the tourney when you fail to improve as the year goes on.

Every single one of our players is better than they were a year ago, and you can see it (save for Cooney who didn't touch the floor a year ago). Triche is more consistently aggressive this year. James is doing a lot more than just being a great shooter. Fair has elevated every part of his game. Grant was phenomenal when he had to be, now that his minutes are limited he just doesn't have as much bounce in his step. Rakeem barely played a year ago, now he is playing solid defense and has become a much better rebounder over the course of a year, is his offense much improved, no, but other aspects of his game are. MCW like it or not, is a POY candidate for a reason, he plays stellar at times, and makes idiotic mistakes the next, it's the growing pains of a young Guard, I think he needs to come back next year for his own developments sake. And did you see Baye tonight? He clearly made offensive progress today and also was solid on the glass, he is up and down, but most definitely better than a year ago.

Just because you are pissed we aren't as good as we could be doesn't mean nobody has gotten better. The biggest difference from a year ago and now, is we were a veteran lead team who had tons of scorers, on top of that, we had two elite talents on our roster. In fact I would wager if both Fab and Dion returned, we would unquestionably be the top team in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom