ladies and gentlemen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ladies and gentlemen

From here on out this season, wins are absolutely all that matter.

We can no longer point to punt returns, throwing a bad backwards pass and then standing around, driving to the 32 and punting 12 yards and think it's all ok, just because we had more yards than they did.

That luxury was nice while it lasted. Scoreboard time from here on out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bingo.

We should have beat N'western, it was a huge wasted opportunity. But things happen. We shouldn't have beaten USC and we gave them a game for 50 minutes, no shame in that.

So we've proven we can hang, now it's time to win. No excuse to not start winning now. But I'm sure there will be if we don't.

Bingo.

We should have beat N'western, it was a huge wasted opportunity. But things happen. We shouldn't have beaten USC and we gave them a game for 50 minutes, no shame in that.

So we've proven we can hang, now it's time to win. No excuse to not start winning now. But I'm sure there will be if we don't.

I'm sorry to belabor the point, but if we're picking and choosing when we'd like to start winning, put me down for last year starting with the Rutgers game.

I'm sorry to belabor the point, but if we're picking and choosing when we'd like to start winning, put me down for last year starting with the Rutgers game.

I'm not going backwards because I can't. So the time is now. Being 5-7 with a bunch of what ifs, and statistical progress means we'll be another team not playing in bowl. No worse perception than that. 5-5 in the next 10 doesn't cut it. 6-4 is the bare minimum expectation. Shouldn't have to win ugly this weekend, even if it's the best 1AA team in the history of 1AA teams, it should be a 3 TD win. But at least make sure it's a win. Then all eyes are on that Minnesota game. Leave there with a win, get a week off before starting with a very winnable Pitt game in the Dome, momentum is officially on our side.

God help all of you "perception/moral victory" types if we don't make a bowl game this year.

I know this team is greatly improved. I want wins and bowl games as much as anyone. I also know that if recruiting is improved teams improve. You hear recruits all of the time say things like "I want to be a part of something special. They are heading in the right direction.". Hell teams like Buttgers have snared some pretty good recruits on perception alone.

The winning is coming. I believe it's coming this year. But I KNOW this team is greatly improved.