Lambert Trophy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Lambert Trophy

Give the Lambert voters ANY excuse to vote PSU, Army, or Navy the trophy and they will likely ALWAYS do so. It is what it is. Wish my gut wasn't so on the money on topics like this, but I called it last month.

Cheers,
Neil

Give the Lambert voters ANY excuse to vote PSU, Army, or Navy the trophy and they will likely ALWAYS do so. It is what it is. Wish my gut wasn't so on the money on topics like this, but I called it last month.

Cheers,
Neil
Good call Neil. The Lambert Trophy is now officially dead to me.

More like the lame-bert
giphy.gif

Lambert lost it's meaning decades ago.

Probably. But to me it truly lost meaning this decade when in 2010 AND in 2014 it should have held the trophy "vacant" for lack of any outstanding candidates those years. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

BS. They played a horrible schedule.

Army was pretty legit, actually, and I almost always root for them.

But no, this was not the correct choice.

I am always rooting for the service academies but this is ridiculous. We play them coming up, maybe as early as 2020. Let's treat them with respect but blow their doors off. Lambert this!

I think that Army definitely deserves the award. They’re by far the best team in the country.

Edit: I just realized that the year is 2019, and not 1945. Scratch the above post. Also, I should probably sell some Woolworths stock ASAP...

The Lambert Trophy became meaningless in 1993, when the last major Eastern Independent started playing in a conference. I don’t know why they still award it, and I’d be surprised if any of our current players even know it exists.

The Lambert Trophy became meaningless in 1993, when the last major Eastern Independent started playing in a conference. I don’t know why they still award it, and I’d be surprised if any of our current players even know it exists.
Because the eastern Indies are playing in different conferences: SU and Pitt and BC in the ACC; PSU and Buttgers in the Big 10; WVU in the Big12; Temple is in the wind. We no longer play each other regularly. Having a trophy recognizing Northeastern football excellence is MORE important than ever. It just appears as though the Lambert Trophy committee has no leadership or direction. This could be a GREAT Trophy - a real feather in the cap of the winning team. Come on Lambert Trophy. You’re better than this. Pull your $#!+ together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom