Lambert Trophy | Syracusefan.com

Lambert Trophy

K

kingottoiii

So will we be the winners this year? Out of SU, UB, Army, RU, UConn, UMass, BC, Penn St, Pitt, Temple, USF, Cincy, and Louisville do we not deserve it? I guess UL should get it should they win their Bowl game but maybe we have some Northeast bias and win it over them? Going forward I hope the Big East is no longer eligible. USF, UCF, Cincy, ECU, Navy, Boise, SD St, Houston, SMU, Memphis, and Tulane do not deserve it. So that would take it down to 10 eligible schools every year. I can't see UB, Army, UMass, or Temple ever winning it so the trophy would really be between SU, RU, UConn, BC, PSU, and Pitt.

And as a matter of principle, I would exclude Rutgers, UConn and BC, cause they all suck. Down to 3...

So will we be the winners this year? Out of SU, UB, Army, RU, UConn, UMass, BC, Penn St, Pitt, Temple, USF, Cincy, and Louisville do we not deserve it? I guess UL should get it should they win their Bowl game but maybe we have some Northeast bias and win it over them? Going forward I hope the Big East is no longer eligible. USF, UCF, Cincy, ECU, Navy, Boise, SD St, Houston, SMU, Memphis, and Tulane do not deserve it. So that would take it down to 10 eligible schools every year. I can't see UB, Army, UMass, or Temple ever winning it so the trophy would really be between SU, RU, UConn, BC, PSU, and Pitt.
If UL win, they have it.

If they lose, we might have a chance. Especially given that we killed them in a head to head matchup. UC also needs to be considered. 10-3 is a nice record, they beat us head to head and won their bowl game. Though it took a miracle finish and it was against Duke, so it really doesn't count. :)

I submit that had UL or UC played our OOC schedule, there would be no question who the best team in the East was this season. I hope that the voters take that into consideration when they make their choices.

Sweet. So UL is not a candidate. I think that means SU has a great chance to get it this season. That would be awesome.
I'd say cinch has won and I just hope the Orange jump Rutgers for 2nd. SOS is in our favor, but head to head could be the downfall.

fwiw, the bevo should add cincy and byu stat.

Sweet. So UL is not a candidate. I think that means SU has a great chance to get it this season. That would be awesome.

Odd that Cinci qualifies this year while Louisville doesn't.

Must be because Cinci played Fordham this season, giving them 6 games against "Lambert" teams.

I'd say cinch has won and I just hope the Orange jump Rutgers for 2nd. SOS is in our favor, but head to head could be the downfall.

fwiw, the bevo should add cincy and byu stat.

Rutgers best wins, 10-0 vs Cinci, 23-15 vs SU. SU blowout wins vs Lville and WVU.

Right now SU is 21 pts better than Rutgers on a neutral field.

Without a doubt.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Rutgers best wins, 10-0 vs Cinci, 23-15 vs SU. SU blowout wins vs Lville and WVU.

I'd throw in the mizzou win too, just don't think the voters are smart enough to do any homework other than, record and head to head.

3rd in the Lambert, #2 in your brain.

I wish we'd be 21 points better than rutgers when we actually play them.

In the last seven games SU is averaging on offense what Rutgers has scored in total in the last four with it's offense.

I'm calling BS on this. Doesn't Cincy have some mid-west trophy they can win?
The Lambert Trophy rules are that you must either be an Eastern school or a school that plays the majority of its games versus Eastern school.

The Lambert Trophy rules are that you must either be an Eastern school or a school that plays the majority of its games versus Eastern school.

Now that SU, Pitt and BC are in the ACC, and PSU is in the B1G, WVU is in the Big-Something-or-Other, and Maryland and Buttgers are heading to the B1G, can we PLEASE just get the Lambert trophy committee to revise these rules?

The D1 version of the trophy should be contested between:
Syracuse
PSU
Pittsburgh
WVU
BC
Temple
UConn
Buttgers
Buffalo
UMass

And that is it!