Landan Salem is the new director of player personnel at Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Landan Salem is the new director of player personnel at Syracuse

Syracuse: Landon Salem, who joined the FAU staff in the spring of 2017 as director of player personnel and pro liaison, is the new director of recruiting at Syracuse, per source.
The Scoop - Monday June 18, 2018 - FootballScoop

FAUSPORTS.COM Landan Salem Bio :: Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site - Football

Landan Salem (@TheLandanSalem) | Twitter
Looks like based on his previous jobs, he should be familiar with a lot of the areas SU recruits, and he should bring different ideas from a number of other programs to the mix.

Syracuse: Landon Salem, who joined the FAU staff in the spring of 2017 as director of player personnel and pro liaison, is the new director of recruiting at Syracuse, per source.
The Scoop - Monday June 18, 2018 - FootballScoop

FAUSPORTS.COM Landan Salem Bio :: Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site Florida Atlantic University Official Athletic Site - Football

Landan Salem (@TheLandanSalem) | Twitter
Check out the video in the Bio. This kid knows his stuff. Great pick up. His father coaching TE's at Pitt worries me though.

Check out the video in the Bio. This kid knows his stuff. Great pick up. His father coaching TE's at Pitt worries me though.
I had the same thought with regard to his father being TE coach at Pitt. I don't feel good about that, especially with a guy who bounces around so much. It isn't like Landan bleeds orange.

You guys take this position way too seriously, it’s basically a social media glad handing position and like someone said doesn’t pay very much. Kid will be here for a year or two tops and move on somewhere else for more $. Just like the kid before him and the kid before him. Just guys doing a job and trying to move up the ladder as in any other profession. at the end of the day he’s will most likely be no better or no worse than anyone else and we won’t even know he’s here or whe he leaves just like that wonder kid from Kansas who was considered so good!

You guys take this position way too seriously, it’s basically a social media glad handing position and like someone said doesn’t pay very much. Kid will be here for a year or two tops and move on somewhere else for more $. Just like the kid before him and the kid before him. Just guys doing a job and trying to move up the ladder as in any other profession. at the end of the day he’s will most likely be no better or no worse than anyone else and we won’t even know he’s here or whe he leaves just like that wonder kid from Kansas who was considered so good!
Great Attitude.

Our football program is Wal-Mart. It's a job. Doesn't matter who does it. Anyone with a pulse will do. Oh, he'll work for minimum wage? Great! Does he have two thumbs? Bonus!

But they've gotta bleed orange though. Can't have a dad that works for Pitt! (Pitt!!! Pitt!!! Really! AYFKM! JFC! Pitt!!! JFC!)

Great Attitude.

Our football program is Wal-Mart. It's a job. Doesn't matter who does it. Anyone with a pulse will do. Oh, he'll work for minimum wage? Great! Does he have two thumbs? Bonus!

But they've gotta bleed orange though. Can't have a dad that works for Pitt! (Pitt!!! Pitt!!! Really! AYFKM! JFC! Pitt!!! JFC!)

It's the truth. Job consists of having some organizational skills and being alert on social media and posting the same buzz words/ mantra over and over again and hoping that kids are drawn too.

It's not rocket science. Job is needed but it's not really a difference maker by any means. Title makes it sound much more important than it actually is and the kid will be gone most likely in a year, two tops

I agree its not a high paying position that will keep someone for a long time but Its a job for a reason. You need people like him around your program that will do the things you aren't willing to do. Im not saying he is gonna change SU whole recruiting strategy for the better. Im just saying its good to fill the position with a quality person who knows how to accommodate people and players. I personally know how important this is. Ive known a few players who have committed to schools because of the way they were greeted through social media and on trips to the school. It plays a part.

I can personally tell you that Asil Mulbah was a big loss. I've had great conversations about recruiting with Asil. I've given him my thoughts on things and he always listened. He knows his stuff. That's why he's working for a NFL team now.

I agree its not a high paying position that will keep someone for a long time but Its a job for a reason. You need people like him around your program that will do the things you aren't willing to do. Im not saying he is gonna change SU whole recruiting strategy for the better. Im just saying its good to fill the position with a quality person who knows how to accommodate people and players. I personally know how important this is. Ive known a few players who have committed to schools because of the way they were greeted through social media and on trips to the school. It plays a part.

Absolutely it does, it plays a small part and if you hire a buffoon things will not go well. That said, it's a very small piece and the title is very misleading and it's not a very KEY position for the program, it just isn't.

I just think certain posters make too big a deal about this job as if these guys actually make a BIG difference like the kid that was here under Shafer. People thought he was some type of recruiting guru when he was probably filling water bottles and scrubbing bacon strips in his spare time.

Absolutely it does, it plays a small part and if you hire a buffoon things will not go well. That said, it's a very small piece and the title is very misleading and it's not a very KEY position for the program, it just isn't.

I just think certain posters make too big a deal about this job as if these guys actually make a BIG difference like the kid that was here under Shafer. People thought he was some type of recruiting guru when he was probably filling water bottles on his spare time

I just think certain posters make too big a deal about this job as if these guys actually make a BIG difference like the kid that was here under Shafer. People thought he was some type of recruiting guru when he was probably filling water bottles and scrubbing bacon strips in his spare time.
I agree, he was no recruiting guru. lol I know he relied on certain people for info ;)

Great Attitude.

No, it just doesn't matter who does this job is my point

I'll take your word for it (don't know this guy). However, I doubt Dino would select someone for this kind of position unless he was bringing roast beast to the table.