Last 5 years. No team has made more Final Fours than Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Last 5 years. No team has made more Final Fours than Cuse

Cuseball

Starter
Not bad for a down period of Syracuse basketball!

Final Fours since 2013
UNC 2
Cuse 2
Kentucky 2
Wisconsin 2

Duke 1
Michigan State 1
Ville 1
Nova 1
Uconn 1
Florida 1
Michigan 1
Gonzaga 1
Oregon 1
South Carolina 1
Oklahoma 1
Wichita State 1

As many Final Four appearances as Kentucky and more than Duke with all that talent on those rosters.

Sure we have been down and not as dominant and that is mainly due to the impact of sanctions. However, still going deep in March and no one else doing it better is highly impressive.

Load up on recruits and Jimmy has shown he can win with lesser talent so let's see what happens over the next 4 years with a better stocked roster (not quite at the Kentucky and Duke levels of recruiting.

By the way. Zona, Kansas and UCLA have zero Final Fours during this time!

Trust the Process!

Not bad for a down period of Syracuse basketball!

Final Fours since 2013
UNC 2
Cuse 2
Kentucky 2
Wisconsin 2

Duke 1
Michigan State 1
Ville 1
Nova 1
Uconn 1
Florida 1
Michigan 1
Gonzaga 1
Oregon 1
South Carolina 1
Oklahoma 1
Wichita State 1

As many Final Four appearances as Kentucky and more than Duke with all that talent on those rosters.

Sure we have been down and not as dominant and that is mainly due to the impact of sanctions. However, still going deep in March and no one else doing it better is highly impressive.

Load up on recruits and Jimmy has shown he can win with lesser talent so let's see what happens over the next 4 years with a better stocked roster (not quite at the Kentucky and Duke levels of recruiting.

By the way. Zona, Kansas and UCLA have zero Final Fours during this time!

Trust the Process!
This illustrates just how difficult it is to reach a Final Four under the best of circumstances, let alone win a title.

The real message may be that we should temper expectations for the 2018-19 season.

Great, thanks -- feel much better now. We are an ACC power, no doubt.
not sure anyone said that. We were a power, sanctions set us back and we have still had better postseason performance than most. very few people are happy. Check out Kansas's fans and see if they are happy with the last 5 years. Check out Kentucky's fans and see if they are happy. By the definition of some folks on this board we should win 30 every year and go to the Final Four every year.

Going through a down period right now and it is squarely due to the impact of sanctions. Things will get better and quickly as next year's class will be a huge boost.

if we had the talent of some of those teams the expectation would be 5 and this board would have JB squarely on the hot seat.

if we had the talent of some of those teams the expectation would be 5 and this board would have JB squarely on the hot seat.
If we had the talent of the top teams I wouldn’t care that much about the regular season.
As the regular season is pointless beyond winning enough games to qualify for the tournament and beating rivals.
When you know you are good who cares if you go 25-6 or 27-4.

The problem is we haven’t had a regular season like this since 2014.

If we had the talent of the top teams I wouldn’t care that much about the regular season.
As the regular season is pointless beyond winning enough games to qualify for the tournament and beating rivals.

I'm not sure what you're saying? You want a great regular AND get to the FF ?

This season I just want to get to the Tourney. That was my expectation because I knew this years team would be terrible. (everybody knew this going in, if people didn't know it they need to up their meds.)

Imagine how bad the team would be if Brissett didn't show up as good as he is? I mean, Frank Howard is the best player on the team right now. It's hard to fathom but that's the reality.

But when you know you are good, fans do care if you go 25-6 or 27-4 because the goal is to land the highest of seeds to set up a deep run.

I'm not sure what you're saying? You want a great regular AND get to the FF ?

This season I just want to get to the Tourney. That was my expectation because I knew this years team would be terrible. (everybody knew this going in, if people didn't know it they need to up their meds.)

Imagine how bad the team would be if Brissett didn't show up as good as he is? I mean, Frank Howard is the best player on the team right now. It's hard to fathom but that's the reality.
Tournament is a lot of luck.
If we had a team like Michigan State this year. I wouldn’t care if we lost games in the regular season and went 25-6.
The season would rest on the tournament.
That is my point.
College basketball teams are all flawed nowadays no team is dominant.

What is frustrating is when you are medicore and have to Scrape to make the tournament.
Those seasons are hard. We have had too many of those seasons.
2009-2014 we lost games but I was fine with the regular seasons as I know you lose games it’s all about March.
Since 2014 these seasons I couldn’t just say wait till March as we have had to grind to make the dance.

But when you know you are good, fans do care if you go 25-6 or 27-4 because the goal is to land the highest of seeds to set up a deep run.
If you are 25-6 your fanbase is 95% happy and the knuckleheads are stupid who complain about everything.
People complaining now about the offense by some are being lumped into 5% who complain about everything.
If we were a 3 seed who gets sent to Cleveland instead of being a 2 seed in Washington DC I won’t care that much. That is exactly what happened in 2011 BTW.

Obviously you want to win every game I just wouldn’t complain and would call out people complaining if the program was churning out 25-6 seasons.

Sure we have been down and not as dominant and that is mainly due to the impact of sanctions.
If JB doesn’t give the middle finger to the NCAA we probably just get a slap on the wrist.

I love people that are fans of Syracuse basketball but not of JAB. They must be pining for Roy Danforth to return.
I think by using “probably” and “NCAA” in the same sentence should tell us all we need to know.

I think by using “probably” and “NCAA” in the same sentence should tell us all we need to know.

Thing is he calls everyone else out including the coach, but never admits when he’s wrong himself.

If you are 25-6 your fanbase is 95% happy and the knuckleheads are stupid who complain about everything.
People complaining now about the offense by some are being lumped into 5% who complain about everything.
If we were a 3 seed who gets sent to Cleveland instead of being a 2 seed in Washington DC I won’t care that much. That is exactly what happened in 2011 BTW.

Obviously you want to win every game I just wouldn’t complain and would call out people complaining if the program was churning out 25-6 seasons.
I just think it's fan human nature to always want a little bit more. I can remember years where people were concerned about the prospect of falling to a 4 or 5 seed and running into a 4 or 5 in the second game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom