Last Chance U | Syracusefan.com

Last Chance U

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.

first time this series features a college basketball team ... East LA JUCO team

Obviously released this time of year to take advantage of March Madness ..

Watched the first two episodes and I’m hooked.. some really sad stories about some kids that threw away loads of potential and yet others that are doing the opposite and grabbing their opportunity.. some of you may recall Penn state washout and former Oak Hill player Joe Hampton

I highly recommend it .. helps us remember these kids we’re watching on TV are real people.. not just characters on a TV show

I’ve been watching . Cannot believe the coach puts up with Hampton. Kids a head case.

first time this series features a college basketball team ... East LA JUCO team

Obviously released this time of year to take advantage of March Madness ..

Watched the first two episodes and I’m hooked.. some really sad stories about some kids that threw away loads of potential and yet others that are doing the opposite and grabbing their opportunity.. some of you may recall Penn state washout and former Oak Hill player Joe Hampton

I highly recommend it .. helps us remember these kids we’re watching on TV are real people.. not just characters on a TV show
In Episode 4, they unpack more of Coach Mosley’s Christian faith background & why he cares for/stick’s around ELAC to coach instead of advancing his personal career... they showed a few photos of him playing on an Athletes in Action basketball tour, I’ve played & discipled on a few of those trips myself. It was fun to see more of that side of Coach, what he shared is part of why I do sports ministry with AIA now.

Edit: If anyone has any God related questions, doubts, complaints, hopes, thoughts, etc. feel free to DM me, I’m always willing to listen, dialogue & help if I can, even it just means praying for you if that’s what you desire

Last edited:
I’ve been watching . Cannot believe the coach puts up with Hampton. Kids a head case.

Dude is strange.. he’ll say some introspective stuff in one scene.. where he seems to get it, taking responsibility for his lot in life... then in the next , nothing can possibly be his fault.. and everything is everyone else’s fault

Dude is strange.. he’ll say some introspective stuff in one scene.. where he seems to get it, taking responsibility for his lot in life... then in the next , nothing can possibly be his fault.. and everything is everyone else’s fault
He draws attention to himself and becomes a target for the refs . How does he not understand that ? Plus the guy ahead of him is better lol.

I've been watching as well. Think I'm on the 4th episode? That former Oak Hill kid (Joe I think his name is?) is a headache.

In Episode 4, they unpack more of Coach Mosley’s Christian faith background & why he cares for/stick’s around ELAC to coach instead of advancing his personal career... they showed a few photos of him playing on an Athletes in Action basketball tour, I’ve played & discipled on a few of those trips myself. It was fun to see more of that side of Coach, what he shared is part of why I do sports ministry with AIA now.
Do you know Walt Day? He was the AIA guy at Syracuse back in the early 90's when I was there. I was a member of Campus Crusade for Christ at SU and knew a lot of the AIA guys there.

Do you know Walt Day? He was the AIA guy at Syracuse back in the early 90's when I was there. I was a member of Campus Crusade for Christ at SU and knew a lot of the AIA guys there.
Yeah, I’ve met him & know who he is, though he wouldn’t know me I don’t think. He ended up working for the Red Sox & Patriots as a chaplain after Syracuse for a good long while...

the Campus Crusade (now Cru) at Syracuse was a massive game-changer in my relationship with the Lord as a student - I loved it! I joined Cru staff immediately after graduating from SU & ended up with Athletes in Action (athletic branch of Cru) since! Thanks for sharing.

I watched the series. Thought it was well done.

Personally, i liked joe Hampton. While a bit of a head case on the court, I was really impressed at his one on one interviews. Well spoken, well thought out. Feel kinda bad for them how it ended. Have to think Moseley got to them based on the final episode and the reaction from Hampton especially.

It’s depressing to hear a young kid say that he needs this to help his family. Basketball is not the answer to how you help your family. It’s criminal that we as a society go decade after decade and not make any headway in reversing this myth.

Season 2 just out on Netflix with a whole new crew of players. Common them once again is how truly delusional many of these players are. Nothing is their fault and they were railroaded at the schools they failed at. And they’re all NBA talents .

Show is very entertaining and provides alot of insight into what coaches are up against .

Hopkins sighting!
Yeah . I saw that. Guess he recruited the 7’1” soft as charmin head case who didn’t understand why he wasn’t starting over Isiah Stewart

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom