last night's points per possession would lead the country | Syracusefan.com

last night's points per possession would lead the country

Millhouse

Living Legend
last night SU had 1.23 points per possession

that would be tops in the country for a whole year.

OSU is #1 incidentally

That was the best I can rememeber seeing our set offense look all year. I'm not sure whether it was execution, or that SU just had the better athletes at every position. Scoop, Dion, Triche and Kris could have taken their man off the dribble with or without a screen on every possession. That will not be the case against OSU, we are going to have to turn them over often to win.

Wisconsin gave up more points per possession last night than any other game this season. Their second highest total was 1.17 against Michigan St. on Feb. 16. Ohio St. scored 1.00 and 1.01 in their games vs. the Badgers this year.

The Badgers scored 1.20 points per possession last night against SU, which was their 10th best offensive performance of the year. They only scored 1.05 and .90 points per possession in their games against Ohio St.

* these numbers are from kenpom.com

We only had 5 assists. a lot of 1v1 take it to the rim offense. We were much quicker then their bigs.

I think their style pushed us to play a style that was really good for us. We limited ourselves to 9 three attempts...I think that was a huge key (helped even more by the fact that we made five of them.) Looking at the box I am stunned that we shot 55% from three and were able to restrain ourselves and not take that as an indication that we should hoist up 29 attempts.

last night SU had 1.23 points per possession

that would be tops in the country for a whole year.

OSU is #1 incidentally
that being said, swish would rather have the ball in wisconsins hands...

:bat: :crazy: :noidea: :rolling:

Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom