Last time Southerland hit a 3pt | Syracusefan.com

Last time Southerland hit a 3pt

Does he take too many

• A few too many

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Way too many

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
You better watch out, this board has a love affair with J-South. I criticized him a few weeks back and got crucified for it.

He is money against crap teams... we need him to start hitting some against the more talented teams in the league.

I've been wondering what happened to JS with 3's. It's like he's been cursed

I love J-South taking a 15 footer or going strong to the basket but he just has not been able to find the 3 ball a long time. I wish he would just focus on getting his mid-range game going and stop the love affair with the 3.

Southerland is still leading the team in meaningless points. He's great during losses, big leads, and against non tournament teams.

If he got more minutes at that Lemoyne game, that would have been a sure W.

The one thing I'll say in his defense--because I agree that he hasn't been shooting well lately--but at least the vast majority of his looks are good shots. To me, missing a good shot is much more excusable than some of the wacky shots Dion has been taking.

Agree 100% that Southerland needs to start making a few--but if he continues to pick his spots and take good shots, they eventually will.

He reminds me a bit of Rautins his first few years. He would light up the 3's against the Cornell's and always seemed to miss the ones we needed in Big East play. That all turned around toward the tail end of his Jr year. Hopefully James has a big finish to his career.

Seriously? He is way inconsistent, but he had one of the best performances on the team against Notre Dame. Did you already forget the details of that "small game?" He is no star, and is maddeningly inconsistent, but he looks like a much better player this year than in the past. Sorry, but I don't like it when people can't see beyond a bad reputation that is based on past performance and fairly judge the present. Kind of like when talking heads say "Syracuse can't ever shoot free throws" or "Syracuse doesn't play OOC road games" when those things are misconceptions based on the past.

The last time Southerland hit a three ...

"The economy didnt suck"

If he can hit a short jumper or get a lay up early, I'd feel a lot more comfortable with him taking some 3's the rest of the game. When he comes in off the bench, fires up a quick 3 and misses, he usually ends up struggling the rest of the game. He seems to be one of those players that needs to get off to a good start, or that's that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom