Latest NBA FA updates - Gasol to Bulls done deal. Still finalizing details. Trevor Ariza is going | Syracusefan.com

Latest NBA FA updates - Gasol to Bulls done deal. Still finalizing details. Trevor Ariza is going

Deano

All American
back to Houston. Sounds like Houston is going to let Parson's walk and sign with Dallas. Jazz match offer on G. Heyward. L. Deng to Miami is heating up. Also saw Thunder signed Anthony Morrow.

http://espn.go.com/nba/thetensquared

If DRose can finally get back to full heath then I could easily see the Bulls as the top team in the east. Of course Cleveland, Indiana, and maybe even Toronto/Washington will all be gunning for the top spot.

Just saw Paul Pierce to the Wizards 2 years for $11 million. Not sure what they are thinking paying him that kind of money.

Just saw Paul Pierce to the Wizards 2 years for $11 million. Not sure what they are thinking paying him that kind of money.
Not sure what any of these teams are thinking paying ANY of the salaries they offer.

They're looking toward 2016 and the Durantula.

The East is completely wide open.

Indiana lost their mojo and Lance is likely gone.
Miami lost Lebron and gave Bosh 118 million.
Toronto completely overachieved and did nothing to improve
Washington overpaid Gortat and added the Truth
Chicago added Gasol and if Rose is healthy look like the best team right now
Brooklyn lost Pierce and KG is done added Jarred Jack and they have no cap space.
Charlotte lost McRoberts and added nothing
Atlanta has done nothing
Cleveland added Lebron, Wiggins look like a top 3 seed in the East.
NY Knicks resigned Melo and added Calderon but still look mediocre.
Detroit is stuck adding nothing but SVG as coach and lost their pick to Charlotte and wants to contend but will at best be a 7 or 8 seed.

Philly, Boston, Milwaukee, Orlando are all in rebuild mode.

I agree about paying him that kind of money at this point of his career is kinda crazy, but I really like him on the Wizards. They are a relatively young team that can learn from him, plus almost anything is better than what Otto Porter did last season.

Pierce got the full ,MLE from Washington not a bad deal for either side. Pierce wanted to go to the Clippers but they gave their MLE to Spencer Hawes and the Nets wouldn't do a sign and trade to help Pierce.

That Brooklyn-Boston trade just gets worse for the Nets more and more. They traded 3 unprotected(James Young being the first) 1st picks for KG who looked done, 1 year of Pierce, Jason Terry who got dealt.

Less than $6 million a year for Pierce doesn't sound crazy to me at all.

It's a great deal and expires right when Durant becomes a FA.

Oh, and the Wiz hired KD's HS coach to work in player development.

I believe he was working with a college woman's team when he was brought on.

It's a great deal and expires right when Durant becomes a FA.

Oh, and the Wiz hired KD's HS coach to work in player development.

I believe he was working with a college woman's team when he was brought on.
Look out for the Wizards.

Washington is going to go all out and sell the Lebron homecoming angle to Durant.

Yup. And they have a legit shot. Good talent. Hometown (ish). Easier path to the finals.

I agree about paying him that kind of money at this point of his career is kinda crazy, but I really like him on the Wizards. They are a relatively young team that can learn from him, plus almost anything is better than what Otto Porter did last season.
I hope he doesn't teach them shot selection cause that's not one of his strong points.

Not sure I like what Houston did with Parsons. Seems like Morey thought he'd get a big star and got too cute for his own good.

The East is completely wide open.

Indiana lost their mojo and Lance is likely gone.
Miami lost Lebron and gave Bosh 118 million.
Toronto completely overachieved and did nothing to improve
Washington overpaid Gortat and added the Truth
Chicago added Gasol and if Rose is healthy look like the best team right now
Brooklyn lost Pierce and KG is done added Jarred Jack and they have no cap space.
Charlotte lost McRoberts and added nothing
Atlanta has done nothing
Cleveland added Lebron, Wiggins look like a top 3 seed in the East.
NY Knicks resigned Melo and added Calderon but still look mediocre.
Detroit is stuck adding nothing but SVG as coach and lost their pick to Charlotte and wants to contend but will at best be a 7 or 8 seed.

Philly, Boston, Milwaukee, Orlando are all in rebuild mode.

Atlanta got Al Horford. They were the 3rd best team in the east until he went down.

Atlanta got Al Horford. They were the 3rd best team in the east until he went down.
Horford has only played 114 games in the last 3 seasons I don't think he is a guy who can be counted on. He is good a player but has only averaged 14ppg 8.3rpg for his career. Atlanta is probably not a playoff team next year as Cleveland and New York look better than them right now, and with SVG in Detroit I expect them to be better.

I wouldn't sleep on Atlanta- some very good shooters on that team and Horford is a solid player. Toronto wasting their draft pick could come back to bite them soon, so I wouldn't be shocked if they took a small step back. Not sure I'd put the Knicks in the playoffs unless they make some additional moves before the season.

Not sure I like what Houston did with Parsons. Seems like Morey thought he'd get a big star and got too cute for his own good.
Dork Elvis has made some great moves, and he's also made some HORRIBLE moves.

But hey, big data/analytics guys get a pass.

Dork Elvis has made some great moves, and he's also made some HORRIBLE moves.

But hey, big data/analytics guys get a pass.
Yeah he is really getting a pass when everywhere I have read the winners and losers of the Lebron situation have been HAMMERING Houston and Morey for the Asik and Lin deals without an verbal agreement from Bosh.

Well, that opt out didn't go so well for Wade.

Also, maybe a sneaky good move by Charlotte to get Stephenson - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11221796/lance-stephenson-charlotte-hornets-3-year-27-million-deal. Weakens the Pacers and helps them improve. Charlotte has had an under the radar offseason, having Vonleh fall to them in the draft, signing Stephenson, and adding Marvin Williams on a fair contract. I think I actually like a little bit more getting the Stephenson/Williams combo than if the Jazz hadn't matched their offer to Gordon Hayward for basically the same money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom