Lauren Bacall RIP. No joke but who is #3. | Syracusefan.com

Lauren Bacall RIP. No joke but who is #3.

Lauren Bacall-a class act. Married to both Humphrey Bogart and Jason Robards.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/12/lauren-bacall-dead-dies/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2&pLid=514515
just-put-your-lips-together-and-blow.-.jpg

Could James Garner who co-starred with Bacall a number of times, the first of 3? He died 3 weeks ago.

I have a very distant connection to her.

A cousin of mine, character actor Harry Guardino (RIP), starred in Woman of the Year with Lauren Bacall on Broadway. Harry was well known in Hollywood, usually playing tough guys, cops, etc. He was a cop in Dirty Harry, for example. I never met him but his father and my grandfather were first cousins and extremely close.

I'll always remember Bacall's cameo in an episode of the final season of the Sopranos. She played herself and was beaten up by Christopher and Little Carmine; they stole her gift basket from an awards show and sped off.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't she 19 when she met Bogey, who was 45 at the time?

Wonder how the modern media would treat a marriage like that these days.

I believe that is correct. He must have been loving that as she was smoking hot back then. I doubt it would be a huge deal these days as Hollywood types do some strange things dating and marriage wise. I wonder how it was received back then. If you are Bogey obviously you don't give a damn what people were thinking.

Some of the greats passing on. Sad. Lauren was an awesome actress. No more passing please.

You mean like Woody Allen 62 and Soon -Yi Preven 24 ..... oh wait that's probably not a good comparison.

Two great memory burns I'll always remember:

1. Cheryl Tiegs in a willowy white blouse and black leather pants at Studio 54 in 1979.
2. Lauren Bacall entering the Oak Bar circa 1985.
Or, Cheryl Tiegs in her fishnet bathing suit! Wish I'd been there to see your two memories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom