LAX Action for Feb 7-10 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Feb 7-10

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1580823229129.png

Not sure if we are doing this again this year but IF we are:

UVA -3
Penn State - 4.5
Airforce +3 (Heard that Denver got rocked by Delaware in a scrimmage recently and I believe their stud FOGO recruit is still on the mend)

IIRC, we pick 3 games (not including SU), and then also pick the SU game.

JeremyCuse and OrangeXtreme - correct me if I'm wrong here.

Yes that is correct. I know there was some confusion regarding having to pick the SU game so for this year lets just pick three games and its a personal choice if you want to pick the SU game.

Army -6.5 (NJIT)
Lehigh -4.5 (Utah)
Denver -3 (AF)

Cuse of course

I meant the over under stuff.

No over/under, we simply pick the lines. So for example SU is favored by 8.5 over Colgate. If your picking SU you believe they will win by 9 goals or more.

Yes that is correct. I know there was some confusion regarding having to pick the SU game so for this year lets just pick three games and its a personal choice if you want to pick the SU game.

How are we handling pushes?

Everyone loses, or everyone gets 1/2 point.

I meant the over under stuff.
Unless I am misunderstanding you, we don't pick based on the O/U. We pick against the spread (Lines).
For the SU game, SU is favored by 8.5 goals. That means SU -8.5 (which is the same as Colgate +8.5). So if you think SU wins by 8.5 goals or more, pick SU. If you think Colgate loses by less than 8.5 (or God forbid, wins), you pick Colgate.

So, we'll all pick just 3 games, SU included or not. I'll always pick them.

So, we'll all pick just 3 games, SU included or not. I'll always pick them.

Correct, 3 games makes it nice and clean and with Pushes we will do a 1/2 point. Everyone please keep track of your own record and update it week by week.

High Point +3.5 vs Duke
Virginia -3 vs Loyola
Maryland -5 vs Richmond

High Point played UMd pretty close in the 1st half and has a pretty good offense. Duke's offense isn't as strong as the Terps. Plus the game is at High Point.
Loyola should be a decent team, but UVa should be able to beat them by more than 3 at home, if UVa is #1.
I probably shouldn't pick UMd by 5 on the road at Richmond, but I can't help myself.

Syracuse (-8.5)
Virginia (-3)
NJIT (Go Highlanders!) (+6.5)

Last edited:
Maryland -5
Army -1.5 (UMASS)
Syracuse -8.5

Last edited:
UVa -3
Penn State -4.5
Colgate +8.5

Glad I got Richmond with the points but what a collapse. Feel for the spiders