LAX Action for Jan 30 | Syracusefan.com

LAX Action for Jan 30

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1611940044348.png

Does anyone know if they are going to be streamed anywhere? I need lax back in my life ASAP!

3-1 Utah at the half. Yale transfers non factors in game so far. Denver is 0-4 on man up. Utes goalie is playing well, but Pioneers don't look sharp at all. Ethan Walker with Denver's only goal. Utes taking the shot clock down on almost every possession.

End of 3rd Denver 6 Utah 5, Denver with a man down goal by Walker with 13 seconds left in qtr

Denver wins 9-8, had lead 9-6 with about 2.30 to go. Utah won the face-off battle by about 2 to 1. It's the first game, but they did not look like a final four team.

Interesting tidbit re: face-offs. Sounds like they were kind of a mess today and not officiated consistently. Should be something to watch going forward.

Did anyone watch the Denver game and get a sense of how the face off changes play out? Looks like Stathkis went about 50% which is less than you might expect from one of the more promising fogo recruits vs Utah’s guy.

Did anyone watch the Denver game and get a sense of how the face off changes play out? Looks like Stathkis went about 50% which is less than you might expect from one of the more promising fogo recruits vs Utah’s guy.
I watched the game and he looked uncomfortable with the new rules. He was trying to clap and pop the ball to himself--like using his old moves with new grip. He was close to getting some withholding calls. Surprised he was 50%, but sometimes I couldn't tell if it was him or Boos. Utes Fogo won some draws cleanly and scored once off a clean win and transition goal. I have to admit that I liked the new rules. it looked more like the faceoffs of the '80s. Plus, fogo sticks weren't getting all deformed so they could actually throw a pass. There was more wing play and no extended stalemate at the dot. It will take some time for both the players and officials to get more proficient and consistent. My 2 cents

Last edited:
I watched the game and he looked uncomfortable with the new rules. He was trying to clap and pop the ball to himself--like using his old moves with new grip. He was close to getting some withholding calls. Surprised he was 50%, but sometimes I couldn't tell if it was him or Boos. Utes Fogo won some draws cleanly and scored once off a clean win and transition goal. I have to admit that I liked the new rules. it looked more like the faceoffs of the '80s. Plus, fogo sticks weren't getting all deformed so they could actually throw a pass. There was more wing play and no extended stalemate at the dot. It will take some time for both the players and officials to get more proficient and consistent. My 2 cents
Thank you! I may have to revise my statements on the Fernandez loss because I keep forgetting about the new face off rules. If faceoff wings indeed become a more crucial part of the game than in the past then we will feel his loss more than anticipated. Hoping that these rules are good for Mr. Phaup who is an animal on protecting the ball after the initial clamp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom