LAX Bracketology | Syracusefan.com

LAX Bracketology

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2013...ns-division-i-bracketology-first-look-april-9

Both UVa and Hopkins are out of the RPI Top 20.

We currently have no wins against the RPI Top 10 wth only Cornell and Notre Dame left on the schedule.

These rankings are laughable. Duke and Penn in the top 6? I am not even going to get into the other teams currently ranked ahead of SU in the RPI standings but there is no way Penn State, Ohio State, Loyola should be ahead of Syracuse. I dont know how there calculating this but it needs to be reconfigured.

The best part of the article might be the writer listing at large resumes and putting Syracuse 12th behind Penn, Penn State, St. Johns, Yale, and Bucknell, not to mention a Duke team who has beaten no one outside of UNC.

With all these new teams moving to Div 1, might be time to finally expand the tournament by at least a few teams.

Not a huge fan of tourney expansion, but it's time for the lax tourney to seriously think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a huge fan of tourney expansion, but it's time for the lax tourney to seriously think about it.

An expansion is way overdue, the # of at large bids available is miniscule.

Certainly going to be a different looking tournament this year. It's possible that a lot of big names will be missing.

They're forcing a number of good programs to have to win their postseason conference tourney in order to make the NCAA tourney.

Expect a lot of bitching come selection Sunday.

SU can seal its fate by beating either Cornell or ND.

They're forcing a number of good programs to have to win their postseason conference tourney in order to make the NCAA tourney.

Expect a lot of bitching come selection Sunday.

SU can seal its fate by beating either Cornell or ND.
And even if UVa wins he ACC 'tournament', they still might not get in. Have to finish .500 or better. Have to figure they lose to Duke and beat Bellarmine. That puts them at 6-7. Have to win the tournament just to be 8-7. And even that might not do it for them (even given the RPI-boosting ACC love fest).

I would love for another ACC school to start playing D-1 lax again so the ACC tournament really means something. Wonder if Hopkins, if they miss he NCAA's this year, would consider an associate Lax membership (like Loyola has in women's Lax with the BE).

Silly.

Don't we have top 5 or 10 wins at the time we played?

Some of these schools are so over rated its laughable. Denver wins in ot against a school I've never heard of. A bunch of schools have bad losses and unc has 4 if I'm not mistaken.

I don't worry about cuse, anybody with eyeballs can see cuse might be he best team in the nation.

SOS is also heavily factored into the NCAA selection process and right now laxpower.com has SU ranked 7th in that category.Hopefully we'll play Notre Dame twice down the stretch to boost SOS and consequently our RPI...It wasn't that long ago when we always had a top 3 or 4 schedule. But parity in D1 and joining the Big East has hurt. For example we have recently dropped Denver, Duke (maybe not) and Loyola to accommodate the Big East schedule.

Hopkins and Virginia are hurting our SOS this year. That's very rare.

SOS is also heavily factored into the NCAA selection process and right now laxpower.com has SU ranked 7th in that category.Hopefully we'll play Notre Dame twice down the stretch to boost SOS and consequently our RPI...It wasn't that long ago when we always had a top 3 or 4 schedule. But parity in D1 and joining the Big East has hurt. For example we have recently dropped Denver, Duke (maybe not) and Loyola to accommodate the Big East schedule.

We played Duke two years in a row at neutral sites for special games ie Big City Classic. However, there was never a long term scheduling agreement and I dont think either school really was that interested in one. We haven't played Loyola since 09 I believe and to be honest they werent exactly helping our SOS or RPI, and hadnt been for a while. I know there the defending champs but last year was the first real relevant year they have had in a while. I do agree about Denver but at some point you have to assess and make sure you have a reasonable schedule..

Syracuse allready plays UVA, JHU, Princeton, Cornell, and Albany/Army. This isnt counting ND or St. Johns who arent exactly pushovers. The issue is what PhatOrange pointed out, a lot of teams are ridiculously overrated. Duke hasn't beaten anyone and schools like Denver, Penn, Penn State and others are slotted way to high and will be bounced early save for maybe Denver just like Umass was last year if they even make the tourney. UVA is having its first true down year in like a decade and if Hopkins fails to make the tourney which looks likely I am not sure Petro survives.

We only played Denver twice ... at Tierney's request.

Loyola, UMass, and Colgate were dropped from the schedule to make room for the BE. I'd like to see Colgate brought back next year.

I'd challenge any team to play this schedule whether UVA or JHU are down or not. You need to still bring your A game to win against them. UVA, JHU, Princeton, Cornell, Albany, Army and ND. And St Johns knocked off ND.

Denver's schedule versus their ranking is a joke. Air Force, Marquette, Bellamine (OT), Penn, Hobart, Lehigh, Canisius. It's a joke. Syracuse might not be undefeated with the schedule because we tend to play down to the competition but Syracuse would be no worse than 9-2 with it, the same as Denver.

I think Syracuse smokes ND and wins tonight. I also think we'd smoke Denver. At the end of the season Syracuse might be the favorite to win it all.

And even if UVa wins he ACC 'tournament', they still might not get in. Have to finish .500 or better. Have to figure they lose to Duke and beat Bellarmine. That puts them at 6-7. Have to win the tournament just to be 8-7. And even that might not do it for them (even given the RPI-boosting ACC love fest).

I would love for another ACC school to start playing D-1 lax again so the ACC tournament really means something. Wonder if Hopkins, if they miss he NCAA's this year, would consider an associate Lax membership (like Loyola has in women's Lax with the BE).

Has anyone heard if Pitt plans on upgrading lacrosse to D1 status once they hit the ACC?

Has anyone heard if Pitt plans on upgrading lacrosse to D1 status once they hit the ACC?
Haven't heard about Pitt, but at the BET (hoops), I got to talking with a big LVille booster. I brought up lax, thinking he would brush the idea off. Instead, he was quite enthusiastic, saying that there was good support on their campus for their women's team, and that he thought the men's version might be welcomed, also. (And, Bellarmine (KY) has a D-I team.)

Bellarmine doesn't have a football team to throw their Title IX requirements our of whack.

Bellarmine doesn't have a football team to throw their Title IX requirements our of whack.
So forget Bellarmine. I was just pointing out that D-I lax already has a foothold in Louisville's state.

With our victory over Cornell our RPI has rised to #5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom