LAX TV/Streaming Action for Apr 2-7 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

LAX TV/Streaming Action for Apr 2-7

good win for colgate. Yea may look good for cuse but the season has always been n even more now in hands of cuse. Win vs unc and hopefully win at uva n not only in acc tounry but def be in ncaa tounry. Lose both and season over. Lose to unc only way to keep it alive is to beat uva. This unc game seems to me getting bigger and bigger every min. We do not have a bad lost at this time (cornell was just horrible way to lose) but not bad lost. Even more nervous with gait controlling the offense n game. Hope he gets this team fired up and come out humming and never stopping. Uva gave blue print to slow unc down. Take duffy and mcgovern out of game. Shut them down not let them be able to start the offense. While also attacking unc from behind the net. Having the eyes of d on behind net opening back door cuts and lanes for our finishers. Either way have to come out focused prepared composed and absolutely ready to go. Limit the mistakes clear the ball (specially on ride) and bury your shots. Hustle and get the gbs n wings off faceoff have to be there and help out.

play by play guy is a bit of a clown
He sounds like he's related to the Corrigan guy who did our game with Delaware on FloSports. Also sounds like the same guy but the voice is different.

Should we be rooting for Army or Colgate here? Lost to Army, beat Colgate … which result is better for Syracuse? This is what I still don’t understand about RPI.
I think the way the RPI works Colgate-Army is a wash for us. A win for an opponent & a loss for an opponent. And their opponents' records count regardless of the outcome of the game in our RPI's 3rd component (the record of your opponents' opponents).

Just watched the replay of the game…the loss sucks but it was like “one of those games”
One goal shouldn’t have counted because the guys foot actually hits the goalmouth
Late in the fourth when I believe they scored their 14th point if you look closely , when the guy releases his shot the ball changes direction because of balanced off of the defenders head.. Mark had a read on it, and if it wasn’t tipped would’ve saved it
Way too many penalties that I feel can be corrected.
Think a couple of our guys were definitely suffering from mental fatigue.. with 10 days to prep I think we will be fine
Same with the offense.. with Gait involved directly with the prep I like our chances… he has run offenses before.. this is his golden opportunity to prove it
Ita pretty much it must win game, but I nervously feel comfortable with it.. if that makes any sense

And sorry ..this was supposed to be put in the Cornell game thread

This is really obvious, but absolutely cannot lose to UNC. They obviously have talent but I can’t imagine they will play Notre Dame or Duke at all closely. They look very disjointed, especially on offense. Need to have this one if you’re a Syracuse supporter.
Our game with NC is the whole season for them. Like their Super Bowl. If they win they likely go to the ACCT and we don't (unless we beat UVA). So they will be really up for the game. But will we be? Will our team understand how important the game is? Will the kids understand it likely is the difference of being in or out of the NCAAT? Will they be able to put the Cornell game behind them and be as up as the NC players? Who are our the leaders on our team who can affect this? I know they aren't captains but will it be Stevens and English who can do it? Without looking it up I assume they've played in the tournament with Princeton. I'd hope Gary can but I don't know. GO ORANGE!!!

And sorry ..this was supposed to be put in the Cornell game thread
Yes but in my opinion here is fine. It's been discussed on here today. Beside I don't want to touch anything having to do with the Cornell game.

If Syracuse beats UNC, Syracuse will be 2-1 and at worst could finish 2-2.
The only way a 2-2 team could miss the ACC tmt is if all five teams were 2-2. What is the chance of that happening?
So the bottomline is Syracuse needs to beat UNC, and if not that then UVa.

If Syracuse beats UNC, Syracuse will be 2-1 and at worst could finish 2-2.
The only way a 2-2 team could miss the ACC tmt is if all five teams were 2-2. What is the chance of that happening?
So the bottomline is Syracuse needs to beat UNC, and if not that then UVa.

I guess you would need to see the following to see them all finish 2-2:

SU wins: Duke (w), UVA
Duke wins: UNC, UVA
Notre Dame wins: Duke, SU (w)
UNC wins: SU, Notre Dame
UVA wins: UNC (w), Notre Dame

Definitely could happen. Duke has had UVAs number. UVa has been good against Notre Dame. SU has had success against UVa in the past. I find it hard to believe UNC could beat Notre Dame, but you never know.

I tried looking for tie breakers but was unsuccessful. I think it must be goal differential, but conferences can come up with some real nonsense tie breakers, so who knows.

I tried looking for tie breakers but was unsuccessful. I think it must be goal differential, but conferences can come up with some real nonsense tie breakers, so who knows.
5 teams, eh?

Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock. Easy peasy.

rpsls.JPG

How bout we just beat unc and not worry bout tie breakers and maby even beat uva and then def in acc tounry and ncaa tounry. Easy peasy

I guess you would need to see the following to see them all finish 2-2:

SU wins: Duke (w), UVA
Duke wins: UNC, UVA
Notre Dame wins: Duke, SU (w)
UNC wins: SU, Notre Dame
UVA wins: UNC (w), Notre Dame

Definitely could happen. Duke has had UVAs number. UVa has been good against Notre Dame. SU has had success against UVa in the past. I find it hard to believe UNC could beat Notre Dame, but you never know.

I didn't really state what I was getting at correctly.

If Syracuse beats UNC, it really didn't matter who won between ND and Duke. Even if Duke had won Syracuse would be 2-1, and it is very unlikely that all five teams would finish 2-2. Just getting UNC to 2-2 would involve them beating Duke and ND, which seems like a long shot.

Syracuse has beaten Duke, so having Duke beat ND would help Duke stay near the top and could be a plus for Syracuse in terms of NCAA selection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom