(5) Syracuse vs. BIG EAST/Villanova
(4) Virginia vs. COLONIAL/Delaware

Hempstead, N.Y.
(3) IVY/Penn vs. METRO ATLANTIC/Marist
(6) Yale vs. Notre Dame

East Hartford, Conn.
(7) Maryland vs. Cornell
(2) Duke vs. SOUTHERN/Air Force

Duke, Virginia and Syracuse: Three ACC teams that can already feel comfortable about their postseason prospects, regardless of how the conference tournament goes. …

Last four in: Maryland, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Cornell

First four out: Towson, Johns Hopkins, Denver, North Carolina

Multi-bid conferences: ACC (4), Big Ten (3), Ivy (3)

I think they upped it a few years ago.
According to this (2018-2019), it's still 400 miles.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/resources/travel/2018-19DIChamps_TravPolicies.pdf

TRANSPORTATION POLICIES

1.For all Division I championships except men’s and women’s basketball, any team that is lo-cated less than 400 miles from the site of competition will be required to drive. Mileage is calculated using the NCAA’s mileage calculator, which can be accessed through the online reimbursement system.

According to this (2018-2019), it's still 400 miles.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/resources/travel/2018-19DIChamps_TravPolicies.pdf

TRANSPORTATION POLICIES

1.For all Division I championships except men’s and women’s basketball, any team that is lo-cated less than 400 miles from the site of competition will be required to drive. Mileage is calculated using the NCAA’s mileage calculator, which can be accessed through the online reimbursement system.

its 430 miles according to maps.

A7B2C768-F3BF-4590-8743-2B54F146EFB6.png

Villanova had a tough loss this past weekend, but guess they're still getting projected to win the BE.
Think I'd much rather play them then Cornell again

Villanova had a tough loss this past weekend, but guess they're still getting projected to win the BE.
Think I'd much rather play them then Cornell again

If Cornell gets in theres a 90% chance their playing us in then 1st round. Only way we dont play each other is if they win out or we win out and force the committees hand which I think is a long shot. Same thing happened a few years ago with Albany and when SU as the 2 seed got stuck playing Yale because of the bs travel rules . Its 2019 the NCAA needs stop acting like its 1912

Last edited:
it will be interesting to see if UNC and ND can both play their way in or if its an either or.. UNC winning this week puts ND close to the under .500 and would a 7-7 ND team get in over teams with 9-10-11 wins no matter the schedule and the quality wins. do they have a 14th game scheduled anyway?

the last 4 in are in tough spots, JH loses the next 2 and they will need 2 B10 tourney wins to get to .500. OSU/Maryland at least 1 probably has 2 more losses

it will be interesting to see if UNC and ND can both play their way in or if its an either or.. UNC winning this week puts ND close to the under .500 and would a 7-7 ND team get in over teams with 9-10-11 wins no matter the schedule and the quality wins. do they have a 14th game scheduled anyway?

the last 4 in are in tough spots, JH loses the next 2 and they will need 2 B10 tourney wins to get to .500. OSU/Maryland at least 1 probably has 2 more losses

A loss to UNC this weekend puts ND at 6-6 with only the ACC tournament left to get a win or more.
I'm not sure a 7-7 ND team deserves to be in the field though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom