Hempstead, N.Y.
(3) Maryland vs. NORTHEAST/Hobart
(6) Syracuse vs. Cornell

East Hartford, Conn.
(7) PATRIOT/Loyola vs. Notre Dame
(2) Duke vs. SOUTHERN/Air Force

Last three in: Ohio State, Cornell, Notre Dame
First three out: Denver, Johns Hopkins, Georgetown
Multi-bid conferences: ACC (4), Big Ten (3), Ivy (3)

Good thing I have this in my clip board... ;)

3 flights.

And it's not even close. Two 600+ mile flights (Yale/OSU and Loyola/ND) and a 1600+ mile flight (Duke/Air Force).

Just seed the whole freaking field and flights be damned.

I did this, solely seeding the "unseeded" teams based on current RPI standings. Still 3 flights, but we avoid Cornell. ;)

Hempstead, N.Y.
(1) BIG TEN/Penn State vs. METRO ATLANTIC/Marist-AMERICA EAST/Albany
(8) Yale vs. Ohio State

East Hartford, Conn.
(5) Virginia vs. BIG EAST/Villanova
(4) IVY/Penn vs. Cornell

Hempstead, N.Y.
(3) Maryland vs. SOUTHERN/Air Force
(6) Syracuse vs. COLONIAL/Towson

East Hartford, Conn.
(2) Duke vs. NORTHEAST/Hobart

Good thing I have this in my clip board... ;)

3 flights.

And it's not even close. Two 600+ mile flights (Yale/OSU and Loyola/ND) and a 1600+ mile flight (Duke/Air Force).

Just seed the whole freaking field and flights be damned.

I did this, solely seeding the "unseeded" teams based on current RPI standings. Still 3 flights, but we avoid Cornell. ;)

Hempstead, N.Y.
(1) BIG TEN/Penn State vs. METRO ATLANTIC/Marist-AMERICA EAST/Albany
(8) Yale vs. Ohio State

East Hartford, Conn.
(5) Virginia vs. BIG EAST/Villanova
(4) IVY/Penn vs. Cornell

Hempstead, N.Y.
(3) Maryland vs. SOUTHERN/Air Force
(6) Syracuse vs. COLONIAL/Towson

East Hartford, Conn.
(2) Duke vs. NORTHEAST/Hobart

Barring Cornell winning out and forcing the committe to give them a home game, it will be SU vs Cornell regardless of our seed which is absolutely absurd. Don't forget we were the 2 seed a few years ago and our reward was Yale while ND was like the 6th seed and got Detroit. Figure that crap out.

I could be way off, but here is how I see things playing out in the NCAA Tournament for Syracuse seeding wise, based on what happens in the ACC Tournament.

Lose to Carolina - Seeded in the 7-8 range, probably playing Cornell
Beat Carolina, lose to UVA - 5-7 range, still playing Cornell
Beat UVA, lose ACC final - 4-6 range, playing Cornell
Win ACC Tournament - 3-4 range, playing Hobart/winner of NEC or Cornell

Find it hard to see a scenario in which they aren't playing Cornell, but if teams like Air Force does not make the tournament, then NCAA can play around with flights more freely. Also this just takes into account what might happen if things go "as planned" - if Cornell wins the Ivy League they probably get seeded right?

Either way there are good teams all over this bracket so the Orange will have beat good teams to make it to Final Four weekend. Hope they do some things in the ACC to help their chances!

Remember there is always the chance that cornell loses to princeton, loses to Penn or Yale in the 1st round of the Ivy tourney, and misses the tournament all together. If Cornell's best close D can get owned by Rehfuss multiple times, Sowers should get about 12 points. I am not sure if I want that or not because I like how we match up with Cornell. One other scenario is that the Colonial goes to Umass or Deleware over Towson and we play one of them since I believe they are both within driving range, but we would need a good ACC tourney performance to earn that probably. Also there is a chance that we could go as high as 2 if we win the ACC tourney and they are forced to put us up against a team worse than cornell. That is unlikely because the odds are that either Penn or Yale wins the Ivy and that would get them locked in at the 2. Also as Jeremy mentioned even if you go 12-1 in the regular season and beat Hopkins on the road, Albany, UVA, ND on the road, Duke, and UNC on the road, they will still find a way to stick you with the Ivy league champ as a reward for your efforts.

there is also the chance Su loses to UNC and Cornell wins the ivy.

if cornell wins the ivy they then would have road wins vs Penn/Yale/Loyola and losses on the road vs PSU/Yale/SU

there is also the chance Su loses to UNC and Cornell wins the ivy.

if cornell wins the ivy they then would have road wins vs Penn/Yale/Loyola and losses on the road vs PSU/Yale/SU

I think you meant a win over Towson, they didn't play Loyola.
Are you suggesting if Cornell wins the Ivy they'd get to host Syracuse? Or they would host a game as well so they wouldn't meet in the 1st round?

I think you meant a win over Towson, they didn't play Loyola.
Are you suggesting if Cornell wins the Ivy they'd get to host Syracuse? Or they would host a game as well so they wouldn't meet in the 1st round?

I could totally see the NCAA doing some weird cruel payback for the slightly unfair choice of having us host Cornell last year, despite their better record and head to head victory. Especially since the main reason they gave us the home game was that Cornell lost to a bad Colgate team early in the season, which we also did to an even worse Colgate team this year. Also they beat ND and we lost to them. That being said I don’t see Cornell beating Yale, which they would probably need to do for that to happen.

We’ve been down this road, but the NCAA needs to scrap the tourney rule about playing a local team. It is so small time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom