Class of 2015 - LB Tommy Vitale (IL) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 LB Tommy Vitale (IL) Offered

Here is a free article from 11/2013

Vitale Looking for Opportunity
http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./Media/Image/123/1238242.jpg
By Allen Trieu
National Recruiting Analyst
Posted Nov 5, 2013

Wheaton (Ill.) Warrenville South junior linebacker Tommy Vitale is starting to hear from FBS schools, including the school his older brother plays for.

Wheaton Warrenville South scored a 48-16 victory over Chicago Dunbar in the first round of the IHSA playoffs on Friday. This Friday's date with Downers Grove North is not expected to be as easy.
One of the Tigers' key players in junior Tommy Vitale, an athletic linebacker who says last year's disappointment pushed the team to do better this year.
"This year was a rebuilding year for South. Last year we were 4-5 and didn't make the playoffs, so this offseason, we worked real hard in the weight room, pushing every week trying to get to the state game and going week by week.
With a long, 6-foot-2, 190-pound frame and good speed, Vitale is looking like a player colleges will be interested in. He is just beginning the process though, so he has not heard from a large number of schools yet.
"I just started sending out my highlight tape recently. I had a response from Northern Illinois and they asked me to come to a game later this season."
Another school who has been in contact is Northwestern, where his brother Dan is a superback.
"I have been to a few of my brother's games both last year and this season. It was hard to get to them this season, because we have films on Saturday morning, but it is a cool atmosphere, one I'd love to play in in college."
At this point, the younger Vitale is hoping his tape generates more interest, and is not being picky about who that interest would come from.
"Anything right now. I'd just love to play at the next level. Big Ten and MAC schools are mostly who we have sent the tape to."

My bet kid will follow brother to Northwestern for Fitz loves players from WWS in IL.

Allen Trieu ‏@ 25m
Wheaton Warrenville South LB Tommy Vitale "super excited" by yesterday's #Syracuse offer

Not everyone wants to follow in the family footsteps.

good call. committed on his visit today
Too bad. Same high school that produced Red Grange, Bob Woodward, astronomer Edwin Hubble and John and Jim Belushi.

A lot going on at NW while ACC foes Louisville, UVA and the Cuse still have zero commits.

Hoping we get a few after the Spring game...

A lot going on at NW while ACC foes Louisville, UVA and the Cuse still have zero commits.

Hoping we get a few after the Spring game...

4290112148_7365c444e6.jpg