Lead Story On CNN (7:00 a.m. - 7:10 a.m.) | Syracusefan.com

Lead Story On CNN (7:00 a.m. - 7:10 a.m.)

G

GoCuse44

The "Syracuse Sex Abuse Scandal" is now getting more coverage than Sandusky. They had the author of Friday Night Lights on and he was ripping Boeheim for his comments last night.

We all know that Jim is very outspoken but this might not be the best time to accuse these "alleged" victims of going to ESPN with the story for money. I imagine that Nancy tell Jim that he is not allowed to make any further statements until the investigation is complete.

What a friggin mess.

I'm surprised Bissinger would rip Boeheim for being outspoken. Being outspoken is Buzz's whole thing...aside from being a really good writer of course.

I am surprised that Boeheim has been so vocal at this point. Regardless of the truth, he shouldn't be talking at all, especially siding with Bernie publically and calling the allegations "a bunch of a thousand lies". It doesn't help matters at all.

I am surprised that Boeheim has been so vocal at this point. Regardless of the truth, he shouldn't be talking at all, especially siding with Bernie publically and calling the allegations "a bunch of a thousand lies". It doesn't help matters at all.

I think if Boeheim had initially distanced himself from the situation, that would have looked much worse.

I think if Boeheim had initially distanced himself from the situation, that would have looked much worse.
On the flip side, he doesn't need to be publically calling everything lies.

On the flip side, he doesn't need to be publically calling everything lies.

I was following the story all night last night. Prior To JB's strong statements ESPN was broadcasting a call to arms for a lynch mob. Afterwords they backed it down, totally rewrote the online article, AND the perception on other school's message boards changed completely.

I think this was a unique situation where ESPN was totally abandoning any sense of balance and someone needed to hit them and hit them hard to get some control of the narrative. He played it right last night

I was following the story all night last night. Prior To JB's strong statements ESPN was broadcasting a call to arms for a lynch mob. Afterwords they backed it down, totally rewrote the online article, AND the perception on other school's message boards changed completely.

I think this was a unique situation where ESPN was totally abandoning any sense of balance and someone needed to hit them and hit them hard to get some control of the narrative. He played it right last night

Agreed. The tone of the story on ESPN completely changed. We've also seen some fair stories/columns from other sources. JB's statements will bite him if he's wrong, not SU. While less important than the victims if the allegations are true, JB is staking his whole legacy on this. Would he put himself out there if he thought this was true?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

From a legal perspective, this is wrong. In any legal case, especially one with such a sensitive subject, let the attorneys do the talking. Boeheim might be sticking up for his friend and co-worker, but it doesn't make it right. It's not his responsibility to bat down these allegations.

From a legal perspective, this is wrong. In any legal case, especially one with such a sensitive subject, let the attorneys do the talking. Boeheim might be sticking up for his friend and co-worker, but it doesn't make it right. It's not his responsibility to bat down these allegations.

So the right thing to do is let Schwartz continue act as judge and jury on the air and set public opinion while you lawyer up? 99% of the time you'd be right, but you don't seem to be able to step back from the textbook and see there were some wrinkles to this example that made going public by JB a very logical decision.

JB's career and legacy are on the line regardless, so it was certainly in his interest to issue these denials.

Forget the Court of Law, that will work itself out over weeks and months. JB has to fight the battle in the Court of Public Opinion first. That battle can be lost in hours...

JB was right to make a strong comment.

So the right thing to do is let Schwartz continue act as judge and jury on the air and set public opinion while you lawyer up?

Agree with this. Schwarz is an embarrassment right now, an advocate with no sense of balance. I listened to him on Dumb & Dumber in the Morning and he kept peppering in things to try to support a view that the allegations are true. Said it was a "very hard" decision not to go forward with the story in 2003 (which probably isn't true). Acknowledged that all the people thyey interviewed in 2003 denied it, but immediately insinuated that this is because they were all abused and were afraid of the stigma of abuse, as if it's not really possible that they denied because it wasn't true. Insinuates that you should take nothing from the fact thyat the two accusers are relatred because "they're not that close, and aren't even blood relatives." Says Boeheim shouldn't rush to judgment, though Schwarz clearly has (he kept referring to Davis as "the victim").

I don't have any knowledge as to the trruth of these allegations, but I can see why it would make sense for Boeheim to call BS in a big way (particularly if he is able to deny the things this guy says about him).

Exactly. Legal stuff aside, JB implicates himself and Bernie by saying nothing.

With Molestation and sexual harrassment cases it is not innocent until proven guilty. Its the other way around.

If JB's fate wasn't tied to Bernie's before it sure is now after how strong he has come out.

Maybe I missed something but can Bernie actually be charged here? Statute of limitations had run out in 03 on victim 1 and the second accuser is from earlier than that. If that's accurate, the court of public opinion may be the only battleground this gets fought on, minus a civil court.

i think the interviews by these 2 nitwits also changed the perspective for a lot of people. myself personally i was really worried when everything came out. then within 20 seconds of watching the interviews these two guys had with schwartz, immediately i took this whole thing as a farse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom