Leadership? | Syracusefan.com

Leadership?

Flacusian

All Conference
I told my wife early this morning that I felt like this was a trap game. It seemed that midway into the 1st half that my premonition was ill founded. Then the 10-1 run happened and the pregame concerns were front row center once again. I can't help but feel like this team has been different since the Lord & Taylor "misunderstanding". You've got to believe that MCW heard the chants of Lord & Taylor when he was tossing up bricks at the free throw line.

Nobody doubts that MCW oozes with talent but his attitude or lack therof could be something that is very detrimental to this team. He was not playing the kind of game that we have been accustomed to seeing him play and Syracuse looked very average at best out there on the Garden floor today. Brandon has never struck me as one who is vocal enough to be a leader on the team and Southerland ... well he just doesn't strike me as being to serious about anything. The occasions on which this team has looked really good were ones when there was involvement from everyone that was in the game.

Who is the real leader of this team? If it is in fact MCW he isn't setting a very good example in my opinion. Teams take on the characteristics of the players who lead the team. I'm hoping that what we've seen since the 2nd half of the Detroit game will be used by Coach to get this group to play better TOGETHER. Any time there is a loss it can't be attributed to any one player but certainly the play and attitude of some individual players can either adversely or positively affect a team.

The 10-0 start means nothing. I recall a 19-0 start by a Syracuse team that went down in flames by the end of the year. This team has a lot of talent and promise and can be really good. Right now they are not good. I'm hoping that we can look back to this game as a turning point.

Sometimes the spotlight shines brighter than what one expects.
The kid thought about transferring last year, and whined about PT & being the starting PG at Syracuse.
Well, he got what he wished for...and we all know the cliche'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom