Lesson Learned | Syracusefan.com

Lesson Learned

jdubs30

Living Legend
Living in CT I saw a lot of UConn last year. Although the talent seemed obvious, trying to fit in 2 5th YR grad transfers in Miller and Gibbs never quite worked. It's hard to say that we'd be better without AW3 and Gillon - but how could we be worse? They are freshman in the zone. AW3 takes away the best defender at least, but Gillon has no plan once he gets into the teeth of the D. I'd rather be young and go with Howard/Battle/Lydon/Robey/DC then Moyer and TT off the bench. Yeah we wouldn't be that good, but I think the zone would be better and it'd be part of the process.

This has just been awful.

The thing that saved UConn was being in the AAC. We don't have that same luck

Howard isn't a PG on tourney caliber team. We should have seen this coming.
He was a point guard, often, on a final 4 team last year.

And DC has played on 2 final four teams.

Sorry, Howard stunk last year and he wasn't even the 7th reason we made it to the final four.

Often when? In any meaningful spot it was G/TC in the backcourt. I was a big Frank fan too - but Bilas harped on several times today, he just hasn't been good vs. good teams. We made our run last year with G at PG.

But he didn't play much and wasn't expected to lead the show. Losing Green to Kentucky is really going to hurt next year. Howard isn't the guy.