Lessons learned, thoughts on Year 2 of Red | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Lessons learned, thoughts on Year 2 of Red

Bell is a great shooter, but otherwise, he's a cardboard cut-out figure on defense too much of the time. Those occasional late-season run-down blocks gave hope for the future, but he's got to bring a lot more effort next season.

He starts for me next year, but we have to have alternatives to him, so if he isn't hustling, you sit him down and can still remain competitive.
It's almost like Bell lets his man get past him just so he had a chance to block him from behind.

It amounts to about 8 layups out of every 10 possessions, with one block and one miss.

So he gives up nearly 20, gets 2 blocks and feels good about himself.

Probably something the coaches should address. :confused:

Alternatively, Bell is so used to his guy getting past him that he's become very good getting the chase block because he's had so many opportunities to perfect it during his career.

Chicken or the egg?

Last edited:
It's almost like Bell lets his man get past him just so he had a chance to block him from behind.

It amounts to about 8 layups out of every 20 possessions, with one block and one miss.

So he gives up nearly 20, gets 2 blocks and feels good about himself.

Probably something the coaches should address. :confused:

Alternatively, Bell is so used to his guy getting past him that he's become very good getting the chase block because he's had so many opportunities to perfect it during his career.

Chicken or the egg?
Come on, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Bell's game has glaring weaknesses. But we don't need to make up ridiculous stuff like this.

Come on, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Bell's game has glaring weaknesses. But we don't need to make up ridiculous stuff like this.
I was trying to be ridiculous, not serious.

My satire needs to be more satirical, I guess?

I was trying to be ridiculous, not serious.

My satire needs to be more satirical, I guess?

No, you did great, as the guy that refuses to use the sarcasm font I should have picked up on it.

This all fine and good, but I'm still trying to understand, is Red gone if we don't get into the tourney next year?

This all fine and good, but I'm still trying to understand, is Red gone if we don't get into the tourney next year?
Probably not unless he puts up dismal results (less than 10 wins)

Probably not unless he puts up dismal results (less than 10 wins)
The truth is his leash is probably longer than that. He would probably need two Kenny Payne type years, not just one. And if he's mediocre missing the tournament with 18-20 wins like last year he'll get a few more. This is me simply stating what I think reality is, not my opinion on what it should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom