Let play a little game... | Syracusefan.com

Let play a little game...

Gabjon

All American
I was doing some research on the draft and realized something interesting. Many of our players measure out extremely similar to one another especially the Small Forwards. So I'm going to list the measurables for each SF we sent to the combine since 2001 without their names of course. The game is simple lets see who can put the names to the measurables. In full disclosure Warrick is included with the SF because he is such a tweener (PFs game in a SFs body).​
Small forward post set up3.jpg

JB is a master at taking 1 to lower 4 star talent and getting them a pretty darn good outside shot at the nba. Especially our forwards. its amazing really.

As for top talent its up to them to work hard and to fix their missings to be a 1st round pick.

JB is a master at taking 1 to lower 4 star talent and getting them a pretty darn good outside shot at the nba. Especially our forwards. its amazing really.

As for top talent its up to them to work hard and to fix their missings to be a 1st round pick.

I don't recall 1star players but JB does very well with 3 and 4 star players because he recruits to his system better than anyone in college basketball!

I don't recall 1star players but JB does very well with 3 and 4 star players because he recruits to his system better than anyone in college basketball!

Andy rautins was a 1 star player if i remember correctly. he had his chance at the nba.

Andy rautins was a 1 star player if i remember correctly. he had his chance at the nba.

Yes Andy was a one star player but idea that we have had many 1 star play players become fringe NBA er is not true

I was doing some research on the draft and realized something interesting. Many of our players measure out extremely similar to one another especially the Small Forwards. So I'm going to list the measurables for each SF we sent to the combine since 2001 without their names of course. The game is simple lets see who can put the names to the measurables. In full disclosure Warrick is included with the SF because he is such a tweener (PFs game in a SFs body).​

This is challenging, but I'll take a stab at it. This is entirely off the top of my head.

1. Shumpert
2. Nichols
3. Wes Johnson
4. Melo
5. Joseph
6. Warrick
7. Donte Greene
8. Damone Brown

This is challenging, but I'll take a stab at it. This is entirely off the top of my head.

1. Shumpert
2. Nichols
3. Wes Johnson
4. Melo
5. Joseph
6. Warrick
7. Donte Greene
8. Damone Brown
Seems pretty good, except I might swap Nichols and Wes, not sure though.

Usually 1 stars just havent been graded. Which i think was the case with Andy. That being said, he would have been a 2 star at best - so his improvement is pretty remarkable nonetheless.

yes, confirmed he was listed 'NR' at scout and not even in the database or commitment list at rivals.

I am not exactly sure where the whole 1 star thing came from... he was so under the radar nationally that he was never evaluated.

1. Shumpert
2. Nichols
3. Wes Johnson
4. Melo
5. Joseph
6. Warrick
7. Donte Greene
8. Damone Brown

Very close! All the correct names but not the right order.

haha
yes, confirmed he was listed 'NR' at scout and not even in the database or commitment list at rivals.

I am not exactly sure where the whole 1 star thing came from... he was so under the radar nationally that he was never evaluated.
. Not sure why but i vaguely remember him being referred to as a 1 star player :crazy:.

I will say that Andy is the biggest reason Andy got a shot at the NBA. He put in a ton of effort towards improving his game. Or so it seemed from my couch...

Here is the answer to the above chart. The reason why I did this was to compare Kris Jo's measurable to other SU players. I tried to do it with Dion and Fab as well but Dion left the combine without doing the workouts and with Fab it was hard to find good comparables.
Small forward post final chart.jpg

So the results are that Kris Jo is the slowest out of the group. He was tided for the second weakest bench press and Donte was only here for a year. His running jump is very good but his standing jump isn't (not good for rebounding) Highest body fat measured and he is the shortest in shoes and only Preston's standing reach was shorter. Now if he can play the 2 this comparison won't matter much, but I don't see him as an NBA 3.