Let Uconn in this year's BET | Syracusefan.com

Let Uconn in this year's BET

I agree..if this is the last year (or even if they have 1 more year) let them in...sooo stupid...who gives a flying F if they somehow have a run and win it (they won't with that front court)...crap they have done more for the league than any of the BB onlies.

The only stickler is I'm not sure if UConn got their full quota of tickets for MSG.

The best part of them not playing this year is they will not play in a true Big East Tourney ever again.

The last team they will have ever played in the tournament...Syracuse...which they lost too...again.

F them

UConn women vs Ruters men as an exibition on Monday of BET.

Has any program fallen this far after winning a title 2 years ago? Jesus, they're practically UMass.

EDIT:

All joking aside, they were a flagship program and helped make the BE what it was in hoops. The worms in Providence should let them in.

They were NEVER a flagship program in the BE! The flagship programs were SU, St. John's and Georgetown! Uconn sucked until 1990 the hey days were in the 80s!

And then they won 3 NCs...

All joking aside, my dream scenario is that at the conclusion of the regular season, after a tough year, while packing up their lockers...a phone call arrives in Storrs. "We're letting you in" says the gruff voice of the commish.

Suddenly there is new life breathed into the decaying mouths of those left for dead; UConn is going to NY. "Gather your things gentlemen, we're leaving for Manhattan first thing in the morning," exclaims a reborn and enthusiastic Coach Ollie.

Upon arrival, the lights of NY seem to shine brighter than ever. The fans more ferocious, the play elite. A win in game 1 followed by a close call in game 2. Game 3 is a decisive victory sending them to the Championship game against their hated rival Syracuse in an epic epilogue to the 6OT game 4 years prior.

In the Championship game, UConn manages to score a resounding 4 points in a 144-4 loss to Syracuse in the epic finale. The leading scorer for UConn is Matt Clyde-Lajuste, who inexplicably scores two baskets on the wrong end with under a minute left. After the game, UConn's program is disbanded, Otto feeds the Huskie inordinately large amounts of chocolate causing him to get the old yeller treatment, and Jim Calhoun is discovered to be the Lindburgh baby kidnapper and sentenced to life in prison.

That's my Christmas wish.

i agree 100%, let em in...the conference is dead and they deserve a chance to win the last BET.

having said that, as much as i hate uconn, all this disrespect is a lot ridiculous considering they have won 3 national titles in 13 years. no one else has that. we can talk about 20 win seasons or whatever other bullshit makes us happy but they have won whether you like it or not.

I agree..if this is the last year (or even if they have 1 more year) let them in...sooo stupid...who gives a flying F if they somehow have a run and win it (they won't with that front court)...crap they have done more for the league than any of the BB onlies.

The only stickler is I'm not sure if UConn got their full quota of tickets for MSG.
They got their full quota,

Nope. Why bend the rules just because its now the last year?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There APR issues are largely do to the fact that Calhoun was forcing kids to transfer because they weren't playing well! I'm with Marsh on this one ------conn twice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom