Let's clarify one thing... | Syracusefan.com

Let's clarify one thing...

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
For all of the talking heads out there:

Do not say WVU should have won that game.

Instead say that WVU should have tied that game.

The difference between the two is gigantic.

I'm getting rather sick of everyone saying WVU should have won that game. Gimme a break.

Genius post on the UConn board:

"Six seconds left, Cuse up by two, and there was about the most obvious goaltending call you will ever see, and it went uncalled. It was one of those "everybody in the whole building knows it's a goaltending but somehow the three officials don't" calls. That wasn't the only call that went Cuse's way down the stretch either...couple that with the way UConn got robbed in the Dome a couple years ago, and I think it's safe to put Cues right behind Duke and Kentucky in the "You can add 5-10 points to the scoreboard every time we play at home simply because of the refs" club."

"couple todays game with a game from 3 years ago and Cuse gets all the calls!"

Maybe it's just me, but I think refs are awful for us lately. Yes the goaltending should have been called, but to win a title you need talent and some luck.

Yea because kemba walker didnt get the star treatment last year from the refs right? Dude travelled every time he touched the ball

Yea because kemba walker didnt get the star treatment last year from the refs right? Dude travelled every time he touched the ball
Every time he did that head-bob move he got a foul called. Every. Time.

Nappier tries to do it and it never gets called, its quite humorous to see actually.

I recall a more blatant missed call if thats possible for uconn against wvu this year with an out of bounds call at the end of the game.

Agreed. A tie game with the ball in our hands is a lot different than the way the media has portrayed it. They make it sound like the refs took 10 points away from WVU with a minute left in the game.

I recall a more blatant missed call if thats possible for uconn against wvu this year with an out of bounds call at the end of the game.

haha forgot about that. how can they say anything about the refs after that??

one poster brought it up

"I thought the Oriakhi out of bounds call was bad against WVU, but they still would have had to make the shot in that case. In this one, it was worse because the game would have been tied (ie the shot was made) though it still would have been Cuse ball with a chance to win with about 6 seconds left.

Both were horrid calls, but they still might have lost both games (of course they should have had that chance)."

I was about to post the exact same thing.
Watching the replay, we would have had a final possession with between 9-10 secs to work with. Assuming JB calls a TO and we in-bounds the ball at mid-court, 9 secs is an eternity.

I was about to post the exact same thing.
Watching the replay, we would have had a final possession with between 9-10 secs to work with. Assuming JB calls a TO and we in-bounds the ball at mid-court, 9 secs is an eternity.
Until we pound the ball into the floor for 6 seconds then rush a bad last second shot haha

I wonder what the media would be saying if Jones hit that 3. I bet that call barely gets talked about.

The had another shot it, and they missed.

If Jones hits that 3, I imagine some on here would be the ones lambasting the missed call :)

Unfortunately that ship has sailed. The narrative is now that WVU was "robbed" of a game-winning lay-up, & SU was given a win at home.
Its synonymous to saying Bill Buckner's error lost the World Series in the final play of Game 7, giving the Mets the title.
Except that it was actually Game 6, and the Sox had a 3-run lead in Game 7 before coughing it up.
But seriously...who cares about the details, if they don't fit the narrative? :rolleyes:

For all of the talking heads out there:

Do not say WVU should have won that game.

Instead say that WVU should have tied that game.

The difference between the two is gigantic.

I'm getting rather sick of everyone saying WVU should have won that game. Gimme a break.

My contention is neither.

WVU should never have even been in a position to tie the game. Syracuse played arguably it's worst game of the season today. We shot poorly, got embarrassingly out-rebounded, made poor decisions, and just plain got out-hustled by a team that (IMHO) doesn't even belong on the same court as us. The entire team, JB included, should be ashamed of what happened in the Carrier Dome today.

That said, there will always be games like today in the Big East regardless of how good our team is. So, let's just be happy that we walked away with a win and move on.

My contention is neither.

WVU should never have even been in a position to tie the game. Syracuse played arguably it's worst game of the season today. We shot poorly, got embarrassingly out-rebounded, made poor decisions, and just plain got out-hustled by a team that (IMHO) doesn't even belong on the same court as us. The entire team, JB included, should be ashamed of what happened in the Carrier Dome today.

That said, there will always be games like today in the Big East regardless of how good our team is. So, let's just be happy that we walked away with a win and move on.
The entire team should be ashamed for winning a game while short handed. Got it.

The entire team should be ashamed for winning a game while short handed. Got it.

Are you proud of the way the team played today? Do you really feel great about the win considering the way the team performed? How much longer can we use the "well we didn't have Melo" excuse? Eventually the rest of the team has to suck it up and play good basketball. Give me a break.

We won an UGLY game AT HOME today. It is what it is.

What if Fab ended up gone for the year? "Shorthanded" would no longer be an excuse for crappy play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom