Let's Hope the Back Line of the Zone is Alert Tonight | Syracusefan.com

Let's Hope the Back Line of the Zone is Alert Tonight

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Otherwise this might happen...

junior-to-anderson-alley-oop.gif

So, you're saying they might get an alley-oop. There have been a few against us already this season.

So, you're saying they might get an alley-oop. There have been a few against us already this season.

Just showing a cool highlight of the team we are playing tonight. Better than the 8,000 posts about non-basketball related stuff on here recently.

Just showing a cool highlight of the team we are playing tonight. Better than the 8,000 posts about non-basketball related stuff on here recently.

Hey did u hear mcw got caught shoplifting? And jb didn't punish him!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

It was a top-notch alley-oop, so your effort is appreciated.

Bump.

Shandeezy, you called it.

We need to tighten that up. This is probably too much for even SWC, but I'd love to see a "successful lobs against" stat for Syracuse over the years. I bet there have rarely been this many through ten games.

The problem is, and I think it's especially noticeable when James is in there, that we extend the zone out to the wings and kind of forgot about the guy standing in the corner. No clue why they continued to extend the wings out so far last night, especially with how atrocious Detroit's 3-point shooting was for much of the game.

The problem is, and I think it's especially noticeable when James is in there, that we extend the zone out to the wings and kind of forgot about the guy standing in the corner. No clue why they continued to extend the wings out so far last night, especially with how atrocious Detroit's 3-point shooting was for much of the game.

That's part of it. Add in the fact that C.J. has been asleep half the time on defense, Coleman is still finding his way (and wings occasionally have to cheat in to help him), and our transition defense has really struggled.

this is exactly right . . . this is one way that Pitino attacks the zone: overload one side of the top of the zone to pull the wing man up, then kick it into the corner. If the wing man can't rotate back, it pulls the center out and opens up the interior.

Last year, James was very good at making a recovery on that rotation, but he has not closed out as well this year. Not sure if it is James rotations, or whether teams are consciously pulling him out a couple of steps further, but it is a definite problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom