Let's make Q the next coach | Syracusefan.com

Let's make Q the next coach

There was one poster, don’t remember his name, who always used to blast Q in practically every post. It was so ridiculous. The guy literally took the program from nothing to a regular in the NCAA. I thought it was a miracle when Freeman got us there that one season and now Q does it every year. He’s a heck of a coach imho

The Ladies game is a completely different game of hoops. take a look. Way stronger fundamentals. Better per capita players in comparison to the men's game currently.. Its like 80s hoops all over but with chicks

Why? Money. Was less money to be made and had. players stay 4 years

$$ is the devil

No, no and no!!

Totally different game, he is not it.

I agree. In my post above, I think he is a heck of a coach in the women's game but I will clarify that I wouldn't consider him for the men's program.

I dont think the fundementals in womens ball is better than mens . its a different game because of the athleticism huge difference though.. I think they shoot better FTs though.

The ball is bigger and the players are taller and more athletic. How about Geno Auriemma?
I haven't seen Yukon hire him yet. Not saying he wouldn't do a good job, but it hasn't happened.

"get your tampons out of your ears and listen up !!! " probably doesn't play as well with the guys. but message received.

If we're going to hire a coach from a women's team, get Geno Auriemma.

I dont think the fundementals in womens ball is better than mens . its a different game because of the athleticism huge difference though.. I think they shoot better FTs though.
Shoot better because of physics. The ball is smaller. Seriously has any D1 coach ever transitioned from the women's game to men's?

i think we would go crazy after a bout 10 min with the coaching decisions he makes though..
Totally agree. Love Q. He is obviously a great recruiter and has built that program from nothing to something. Hope he stays for a long time. That said, he has definitely become a better coach through the years (struggled early in his tenure in game imo), but, I am confident JB has forgotten more basketball than Q knows. Think Q is well suited for his current job, one that he has been in for a long time. Let's leave him there and let him shine.

BTW: We are probably the only program in the country outside of UCONN that wants to move our women's coaches to the mens side. The Gait bandwagon has long been heavy with supporters.

Is this a serious thread? I'm proud of the job he has done on the women's side. I will leave it at that. I will not compare him to JAB out of my respect for both parties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom