Living Legend
1: when this game was set up we still had 6 home games
2: 5 million
3: Recruiting
4: National exposure
5: Another bowl type experiance for our team
6: Greater NY Alum
7: I know that it was announced but we would never had recieved a 1-1 with USC

There is no argument that given our situation when this game was set up that it wasnt a good move by Doc.

Couldn't agree more. Got home from a business trip at 10 p.m. Friday night.

Put the 4 boys in the car @ 6 a.m, and drove to the game. Kids had a great time, thought we played well enough to win, but came up frustratingly short.

I think TGD has made a world of difference @ SU. He has all of my support, as does this entire program...from the coaches to the players. Don't know how anyone can logically look at our program and not think we are trending in the right direction. I expect to compete for the BE title. This year.

If we received $5 million then we received more than any other team playing a neutral site game this season, or the largest payout of any non-BCS bowl game.

There is no argument that given our situation when this game was set up that it wasnt a good move by Doc.

I was and still am in favor of this game.

BUT if you think SU really got $5m for this game, you are utterly and completely wrong.

Maybe the 5mil came from USC? Showcase their Heisman candidate in front of NYC. ;)

1: when this game was set up we still had 6 home games - AGREED
2: 5 million - GET REAL. And even if SU did get $5M, that ISN'T 70% of the budget
3: Recruiting - OKAY
4: National exposure - OKAY, but we would've had national exposure playing at Dome too. I guess arguably more from Met Life.
5: Another bowl type experiance for our team - How? Team flew in on Friday and flew home right after game. Didn't see sights. What are you talking about?
6: Greater NY Alum - AGREED
7: I know that it was announced but we would never had recieved a 1-1 with USC - FALSE. Completely and utterly false.

1. This was set up at the Dome. Stop saying it wasn't.

2. No no no. A thousand no's. Stop listening to Axe propagating the spin.

3. Recruiting of who? We own NYC.

4. Some, if people watched.

5. I contend playing at USC was a bigger experience.

6. That didn't work at all.

7. We already had. If they had changed their mind, they could buy out of it and we would go get someone else.

Do you work in PR?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

and sat night dinner rez at 7 :00.
if that stadium had a friggin roof i might have caught some of the second half.
let's let syracuse play in syracuse. home fans and merchants deserve better.

agree with having the game there but if we are going to do it for the nyc alums they have to give a better showing. pretty lame when at the end of the game syracuse has more trouble on offense with crowd noise than usc. now, if you can turn the greater nyc area into cuse fans you have really done something. i think thats what their overall goal is because that market is largely untapped for college football save notre dame (notice i did not mention rutgers because they are like boston's bc. no one cares). i would have liked to have seen the number in the dome though. i bet even with usc coming to town it would have been in the 40-42,000 range. i have no faith in the fair weather cuse fan. although to be fair, a 20 year old kid likely has never seen competent cuse football in their sports watching lifetime (ie the past 10 years).

teams were getting 3-4 million a game years ago for the preseason bowl type games, usc might not have gotten any more for the game than what they would have for playing at SU, there was money involved from marketing that many dont realize, this was not all about ticket sales revenue.

1. This was set up at the Dome. Stop saying it wasn't.

2. No no no. A thousand no's. Stop listening to Axe propagating the spin.

3. Recruiting of who? We own NYC.

4. Some, if people watched.

5. I contend playing at USC was a bigger experience.

6. That didn't work at all.

7. We already had. If they had changed their mind, they could buy out of it and we would go get someone else.

Do you work in PR?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dont work in PR and travel from CO to a few home and away games each year. This year it looks like Pitt and Missu. I realize that you hate this game Bees but it is good for the program.

teams were getting 3-4 million a game years ago for the preseason bowl type games, usc might not have gotten any more for the game than what they would have for playing at SU, there was money involved from marketing that many dont realize, this was not all about ticket sales revenue.

Understood. Those were games that have sponsors. Folks to put up the coin. This game at Met Life did not have a sponsor ... so where is the money coming from?

Agree that there is more to the story regarding playing games in New Jersey. That's fine. Then stand up and explain your position about moving certain games to Met Life Stadium. Be honest or close to honest with your fans and explain the benefits of moving the games. Don't make up this nonsense about getting 70% of your football budget revenue from this one game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom