let's say we beat duke | Syracusefan.com

let's say we beat duke

I think this sweet 16 run did us everything you could want to help in that dept. Good exposure, good individual marketing for Tyus and Oshae and positive trajectory for the program after being down last year. Tip the scales it does not but wind the momentum back up absolutely. At this point it's just a cherry on top. A third final four in 5 years does however give us a lot to speak to over teams trying to turn things around like UConn, St John's, Gtown and BC when it comes to top talent for sure.

I think this sweet 16 run did us everything you could want to help in that dept. Good exposure, good individual marketing for Tyus and Oshae and positive trajectory for the program after being down last year. Tip the scales it does not but wind the momentum back up absolutely. At this point it's just a cherry on top. A third final four in 5 years does however give us a lot to speak to over teams trying to turn things around like UConn, St John's, Gtown and BC when it comes to top talent for sure.
3 final four in 5 years makes me giggle like a schoolgirl

I pray

What do you.mean by tip. We have a terrific class next year and this run this year is going to help going forward

What do you.mean by tip. We have a terrific class next year and this run this year is going to help going forward

In fairness we are in the mix with a ton of really talented kids for 2019 but only commit is Goodine. I think that is where the scales could be impacted ( I would argue they already have been with the run so far).

In fairness we are in the mix with a ton of really talented kids for 2019 but only commit is Goodine. I think that is where the scales could be impacted ( I would argue they already have been with the run so far).
This

To be very clear, we've been down because of BS sanctions that we encurred as part of Penn State's punishment.

It's not like we just randomly got pretty good (vs very good). Those sanctions are ending, and we're going to go back to what we were immediately before the sanctions (perennial championship contender).

Except for the fact that the FBI could bust every *other* major program, leaving us as the lone elite program. I know that there's a difference between FBI and NCAA, but I don't see the NCAA as being able to stand by once the FBI exposes as much corruption as I think they're going to expose.

I think what he have done already has tipped the scales.

No. We're Syracuse. We don't need individual wins to recruit. Our name, facilities, and coach are all top notch.

You don't think every high school kid watching the tournament doesn't get swayed by seeing them in the tournament? You don't think we now look more favorable than say Miami?

We have one title, a title won when our future recruits weren't born or were in diapers.

The further you get the more exposure YOUR team gets. There's only 12 teams left and those 12 teams are getting talked about and nobody else, that's huge.

This run puts to bed anybody thinking JB has lost his touch with old age.

And the doubters on this board even have to give him that.

So this run obviously helps.

Interesting question in the OP.

Obviously, I wouldn't expect it to tip the scales in any way with the class of 2018. It could induce a 5th year grad transfer to swing our way, on the heels of this success, for some player who wants to go somewhere to a team that can make a deep run.

But it could help the coaching staff sell something exciting to the class of 2019, as we move into the offseason portion of the schedule. So maybe some delayed gratification.

You don't think every high school kid watching the tournament doesn't get swayed by seeing them in the tournament? You don't think we now look more favorable than say Miami?

We have one title, a title won when our future recruits weren't born or were in diapers.

The further you get the more exposure YOUR team gets. There's only 12 teams left and those 12 teams are getting talked about and nobody else, that's huge.
To clarify, the name on our jersey is "SYRACUSE," not "LOYOLA."

Do you think that there's a high school kid in America who has doubts as to whether we can field a competitive basketball team?

And to your example, do you think that there's anyone in America who is A) good at basketball, B) in high school, and C) not aware of the fact that our program is better than Miami's in using every metric that's reasonably relevant and reliable? Seriously, was that actually a doubt in your mind?

To clarify, the name in our jersey is "SYRACUSE," not "LOYOLA."

Do you think that there's a high school kid in America who has doubts as to whether we can field a competitive basketball team?

And to your example, do you think that there's anyone in America who is A) good at basketball, B) in high school, and C) not aware of the fact that our program is better than Miami's in using every metric that's reasonably relevant and reliable?

So your saying last seasons results and this year's results have the same impact in recruiting?

So your saying last seasons results and this year's results have the same impact in recruiting?
I'm saying we are to basketball what Alabama, Ohio State, USC, Texas, and Notre Dame are to football.

Individual seasons don't impact recruiting.

We're a known commodity w/ incredible amounts of resources behind our program, which is a top 5 program.

I'm saying we are to basketball what Alabama, Ohio State, USC, Texas, and Notre Dame are to football.

Individual seasons don't impact recruiting.

We're a known commodity w/ incredible amounts of resources behind our program, which is a top 5 program.

You're high.

You're high.
You're dumb if you think that the fate of SU BB swings wildly from one season to the next based on tourney results.

And you're lost if you think that SU BB and Miami BB are neck and neck.

You're dumb if you think that the fate of SU BB swings wildly from one season to the next based on tourney results.

And you're lost if you think that SU BB and Miami BB are neck and neck.

Who said swing wildly, those are your words, not mine.

Never said Miami and us are neck and neck but they're surely closer than you're putting on. Constantine Popa left a long time ago, they actually are pretty good.

Who said swing wildly, those are your words, not mine.

Never said Miami and us are neck and neck but they're surely closer than you're putting on. Constantine Popa left a long time ago, they actually are pretty good.
You literally compared us to Miami, and I know the following is anacdotyl, but you're honestly the first person that I've ever seen suggest that Miami BB is close to SU BB in terms of the overall strength of the program.

You are talking about tangible incremental recruiting gains over a 3-4 game period. So yes, you never wrote the word "wildly." You just wrote something markedly dumber, and I gave you the benefit of the doubt. But you corrected my kindness. Point taken.

Sure, unless there's some other reason you've made your choice.

signed,

Valdir

the reason i ask is that to beat the best in the ACC we have to recruit on par.
with UNC out and hopefully DUKE tonite do we get a bump in status.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom