Let's Talk about Tacos | Syracusefan.com

Let's Talk about Tacos

cpatrocks

Starter
Does anyone really go and get their free taco?

Do you think this struggling offense will ever hit the Taco Mark again this season?

I prefer the soft tacos myself.

I think Fish Taco sounds kinda dirty.

Do you think they would upgrade everyone to a free chalupa if we topped 100?

Do you think this struggling offense will ever hit the Taco Mark again this season?

I remember realizing I was growing intellectually when way back when we hit the mark, I asked myself "if someone had 79 cents but you had to go to dewitt to get it, would you do it?" Of course not. It's a silly notion. That was the end of my youth and the beginning of my "get off my lawn" era.

I love a good taco but I am not going to Taco Bell with a ticket stub to get a free one.

The only person who I knew that ever cashed in on these promotions was my father. They used to have the "get a free gallon of wiper fluid" if they got over I think 35 or 40 rebounds. My father would literally go either right after the game or the next day and get his. I bet you he at one time had 20 gallons of windshield wiper fluid in his garage.

Just wrong on so many levels.

I love a good taco but I am not going to Taco Bell with a ticket stub to get a free one.

The only person who I knew that ever cashed in on these promotions was my father. They used to have the "get a free gallon of wiper fluid" if they got over I think 35 or 40 rebounds. My father would literally go either right after the game or the next day and get his. I bet you he at one time had 20 gallons of windshield wiper fluid in his garage.

F Tacos.

Gimme Fries.

Old school.

F Tacos.

Gimme Fries.

Old school.

Now fries I probably would cash in. Although 100 points was tough. I still miss the "We want fries" chants when we would get to 95 points.

Reactions: MGP

Forget the Tacos. Let's talk about that evil Taco kid. Ever since he ran around the dome with his Taco hat we have had issues. MCW at the mall, Southerland and schoolwork, Coleman and his knee, Cooney's struggles from 3 point range.

Up until this year, a lot of the students got free tacos at Kimmel, but they got rid of Taco Bell so that's no longer an option.

I think Taco Bell uses worse than prison grade ground beef. No thanks.

Tacos, no
Fries... Yes, as a kid I did get my free fries.

I like to know that I can get a free taco, and then not do it.

Embiggens a man.

I always used to get so excited "FREE TACO!!!" But no, I have never redeemed it... By time you get out of the dome, and into the bar, you forget all about tacos.

HAHAHAHA...

Marsh, I did the same thing. They also used to have free 44oz. soft drinks. I would literally walk around the dome after and come home with 40 ticket stubs and never buy sodas. The advance auto rebound promo was great though. I didn't buy washer fluid from 1997 to 2004.

Now, why was this wrong Marsh?

HAHAHAHA...

Marsh, I did the same thing. They also used to have free 44oz. soft drinks. I would literally walk around the dome after and come home with 40 ticket stubs and never buy sodas. The advance auto rebound promo was great though. I didn't buy washer fluid from 1997 to 2004.

Now, why was this wrong Marsh?

Goddamn he used to drive me crazy (I am hoping someone else on this board who has lived my nightmare can chime in...you know who you are). I mean literally drive to the store FROM the game to get the wiper fluid. I still remember when I went over there and saw all of these bottles piled up on his shelf. The funniest part is half the time the guys working there had no clue if he was telling the truth or not (meaning they did not know if they got the number of rebounds needed).

And yes

I too have always been very uncomfortable with the term "fish taco."