Let's use some common sense on these boards... | Syracusefan.com

Let's use some common sense on these boards...

cto

Administrator
Please don't post third-hand "reports" saying that a friend of your cousin was told by an anonymous waitress that an SU athlete may not have paid for a meal at an out-of-town diner. These are public forums that can be (and are) read by anybody (and everybody). Let's not try to look "in-the-know" by posting hearsay stuff that could potentially set off a false alarm somewhere.

Please don't post third-hand "reports" saying that a friend of your cousin was told by an anonymous waitress that an SU athlete may not have paid for a meal at a diner. These are public forums that can be (and are) read by anybody (and everybody). Let's not try to look "in-the-know" by posting hearsay stuff that could potentially set off a false alarm somewhere.

Doesn't matter how many times you say it cto, people are still going to do it (unfortunately).

In the meantime, here's this:

funniest-cat-gifs-cat-woah.gif

My bad saying anything about the tip thing. My point was mainly about the car, which if they're out and about in it it's no secret.

When I said my niece, it because its what I call my niece. Weird huh? She's a big hoops fan, knows them by face, nothing made up here except maybe the tip and payment stuff.

Consider me in my place.

My bad saying anything about the tip thing. My point was mainly about the car, which if they're out and about in it it's no secret.

When I said my niece, it because its what I call my niece. Weird huh? She's a big hoops fan, knows them by face, nothing made up here except maybe the tip and payment stuff.

Consider me in my place.
My post was not directed at you. I realize it was not the gist of your post ... but it jumped out at me. The issue of unsubstantiated hearsay posts is an issue on every fan message board. On this board, we try to use a little judgement about them.

My uncle's cousin's ex-wife's step-father was at a demolition derby. Said Coleman entered it, but get this, without a car. He didn't just defeat all challengers, after the competition he also repaired each of the cars he demolished and gave them back to the other competitors with a strict mandate to convert the engines to bio fuels.

My uncle's cousin's ex-wife's step-father was at a demolition derby. Said Coleman entered it, but get this, without a car. He didn't just defeat all challengers, after the competition he also repaired each of the cars he demolished and gave them back to the other competitors with a strict mandate to convert the engines to bio fuels.
Wait a minute! I think I saw this a few years ago as a Paul Harris thread. ;)

something crazy like i saw so and so with security in handcuffs on the escalator at the mall...
If it's something you were witness to, it doesn't count as hearsay. Still doesn't mean you need to post it.

just saying we've all seen the errors this past year on both sides of rumors reporting protocal.

just saying we've all seen the errors this past year on both sides of rumors reporting protocal.
Hey.. as the admin who literally stayed up all night on 2/1/11 dealing with the avalanche of "Scoop is point-shaving" posts because some posted it as a joke on Missouri poker board.... I have a certain sensitivity here. That bizarre night taught me the danger of giving such posts a life of their own.

Hey.. as the admin who literally stayed up all night on 2/1/11 dealing with the avalanche of "Scoop is point-shaving" posts because some posted it as a joke on Missouri poker board.... I have a certain sensitivity here. That bizarre night taught me the danger of giving such posts a life of their own.

Hopefully you had a little Pinot noir on the side that night

Reactions: cto