Liberty Prediction Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Liberty Prediction Thread...

A Sea of Red...very apropos

Their board.. filled with a lot of excuses, we won't have a good season, we didn't travel well, if Hugh was on the sideline it is a different game. Not quite the class and informative answer like Dino had about the results. Good luck to them rest of the season. Hopefully they win their next 11!

Their board.. filled with a lot of excuses, we won't have a good season, we didn't travel well, if Hugh was on the sideline it is a different game. Not quite the class and informative answer like Dino had about the results. Good luck to them rest of the season. Hopefully they win their next 11!

I hope they LOSE THEIR NEXT INFINITY.

They won't, because Freeze, while a terrible human being, is a very good coach.
And they have boatloads of donor $ to throw at the program, so they will eventually probably be pretty good.

Our next 2 games vs. them won't be gimmes.
Which kinda sucks.

I hope they LOSE THEIR NEXT INFINITY.

They won't, because Freeze, while a terrible human being, is a very good coach.
And they have boatloads of donor $ to throw at the program, so they will eventually probably be pretty good.

Our next 2 games vs. them won't be gimmes.
Which kinda sucks.
While I agree that they will likely improve over the next few seasons, what would indicate that SU will not? Serious question. I don't think they get the talent SU has now while HCDB keeps drawing better talent. I am not worried about the future games, that is HCDB'S job.

While I agree that they will likely improve over the next few seasons, what would indicate that SU will not? Serious question. I don't think they get the talent SU has now while HCDB keeps drawing better talent. I am not worried about the future games, that is HCDB'S job.

Liberty has a LOT more room to improve than we do.
So those improvements are more likely to occur, and will be more impactful.

We're already pretty damn good, so it's hard to improve dramatically from where we already are.

Mostly - I'm in the "schedule cupcakes for the 4 OOC games so you have the best chance at 4 easy W's" camp.
With the kind of resources Falwell U can throw at football, they are likely to improve rapidly.
Making those W's much less easy.

Liberty has a LOT more room to improve than we do.
So those improvements are more likely to occur, and will be more impactful.

We're already pretty damn good, so it's hard to improve dramatically from where we already are.

Mostly - I'm in the "schedule cupcakes for the 4 OOC games so you have the best chance at 4 easy W's" camp.
With the kind of resources Falwell U can throw at football, they are likely to improve rapidly.
Making those W's much less easy.

I agree with points 1-3. The points still do not equate to SU being in danger of losing. SU is far advanced from Liberty (24-0) with an off passing day.

As top scheduling cupcakes for easy W's, I understand the philosophy, but I don't see Liberty getting out of the cupcake tier until they start winning against top 50 teams on a regular basis. Even if they do start beating winning teams regularly, they are still not likely to garner the top level recruits to beat a top 25 teams regularly. Finally, the cat is out of the bag, Liberty under Freeze now has game footage (a convenience many have forgotten that Babers did not have). They will not surprise anyone (except Rutgers who would be surprised against a flag football team).

All that to say that even under the best trajectory, significantly improved recruiting, etc., etc., etc., they are not likely to catch Syracuse by the tie the three game series ends. Besides, if I recall, the series was agreed to prior to Freeze becoming the HC, it's not like SU went after an up and coming team intentionally. We can only schedule Rutgers so often, others want in on that gig. The B1G wanted in on that gig so bad they invited them into the conference!

For the record, I do not see TD having two or three bad games against Liberty. Not happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom