Life is Good On Waiters Island | Syracusefan.com

Life is Good On Waiters Island

teamco

International Flaneur
Seems Dion Waiters, now of the Miami Heat, has been on a bit of a tear recently. Is this him reaching a level he has always believed he was capable of, or a passing flash. Either way, he is getting greater attention during this stretch, and a little love in this article. Here's the tease, follow the link for the full monty.

Life Is Good on Waiters Island
Dion Waiters, long known as one of the NBA’s most mercurial talents, has not only fueled Miami’s rise into the playoff race — he’s also attracted a whole new crop of true believer.

Life Is Good on Waiters Island

Life is Good on Waiters Island.jpg

damn didn't see this thread until just now

think player/coach/GM Lebron tries to get Dion back?

View attachment 89651
Let's hope it translates to this for Dion.
Dion is in a strong position at the right time. He's going to get a big contract. It may not be max, but it might be close. He's invariably going to sign for somewhere between $60-100M. NBA team are giving away money per the new CBA. Yes, salary caps (sorry LeBron, not fair), but also cap floors. Cannot lose, as long as he stays healthy, keeps playing well and does not do anything too outlandish. I am thrilled for the guy.

Dion is in a strong position at the right time. He's going to get a big contract. It may not be max, but it might be close. He's invariably going to sign for somewhere between $60-100M. NBA team are giving away money per the new CBA. Yes, salary caps (sorry LeBron, not fair), but also cap floors. Cannot lose, as long as he stays healthy, keeps playing well and does not do anything too outlandish. I am thrilled for the guy.

We'll see. People were saying those same things last season, and he got left out of the money giveaway bonanza in the offseason. He's been great for the past 2 months or so, but probably needs to sustain it a little more to really earn a big payday.

The key to his success lately is tied to his unsustainable 3 point percentage. He needs to show that he can still get the job done once that comes back down to earth.

A big thing I'm glad he's disproving is the notion that he is one of those guys that will put up numbers on bad teams but you'll never be able to win with him. He's getting a chance to play his game and is proving it can be effective and help teams win games.

I always thought that his prior stops in OKC and LeBrons Cavs were a gift and a curse. Gift to play with stars and contenders but a curse because it wasn't allowing him to really utilize his strengths. Obviously I know that was his role and you can't realistically expect him to have the ball in his hands on those teams with those stars. Just saying those roles didn't play to his strengths.

The key to his success lately is tied to his unsustainable 3 point percentage. He needs to show that he can still get the job done once that comes back down to earth.

Maybe it's a psychological thing. Now that he's loved in Miami maybe it will be a very long time before he comes down from his current level of great shooting. I'm really happy he hit that game winning 3. I will be watching Heat games from now on!

Maybe it's a psychological thing. Now that he's loved in Miami maybe it will be a very long time before he comes down from his current level of great shooting. I'm really happy he hit that game winning 3. I will be watching Heat games from now on!

I won't go as far as watching Heat games haha, but I'm very happy he's found a home in the NBA.