Like a drummer in a band | Syracusefan.com

Like a drummer in a band

Fjoinkay

Starter
who makes a mistake but keeps on playing the song in tune and time with the other band members without hanging his or her head or dwelling on the mistake, SU keeps on keeping on for 40. That kind of focus and commitment to the team combined with better skill at each position gained by experience gives SU a great opportunity to make some noise- sweet sounding harmonies with timely shifts in tempo and rhythm and occasional melodies that no SU fan can forget. Go Cuse!!

who makes a mistake but keeps on playing the song in tune and time with the other band members without hanging his or her head or dwelling on the mistake, SU keeps on keeping on for 40. That kind of focus and commitment to the team combined with better skill at each position gained by experience gives SU a great opportunity to make some noise- sweet sounding harmonies with timely shifts in tempo and rhythm and occasional melodies that no SU fan can forget. Go Cuse!!
Let me guess. Are you a musician? :rolleyes:

Let me guess. Are you a musician? :rolleyes:

And musicians get all the ladies! No, I am not a musician by trade. I do admire those who are, and I think we all make our own music whether it's on the basketball court or at work or cooking a really nice meal for friends. Cheers.

singing-drummers-levon-helm-corbis-630-80.jpg

I'm a musician and that is a great analogy. You hang your head, and its over. Keep the time, and keep on going and that is more than half the battle.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there is a saying that musicians have an invisible string between their wrist and their foot. Every time you pat yourself on the back, you kick yourself in the face.

I'm a musician and that is a great analogy. You hang your head, and its over. Keep the time, and keep on going and that is more than half the battle.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, there is a saying that musicians have an invisible string between their wrist and their foot. Every time you pat yourself on the back, you kick yourself in the face.

I like that. Any kind of performance whether its the arts or something competitive like hoops or football is humbling but in a good way (unless you actually kick yourself in the face-that's not good)!