Like I said this morning | Syracusefan.com

Like I said this morning

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Melo was the worst player to lose. Biggest drop off to the subs. Scoop or Triche or Dion? Still have the other 2 plus MCW. Kjo? Still have CJ and Southerland to play for him. XMas? Same as Kjo, Southerland or CJ. Melo? Ummm...

Defensive presence and some offense especially the pick and roll. Melo may not be the best player on the team but is definitely the least expendable.

Melo was the worst player to lose. Biggest drop off to the subs. Scoop or Triche or Dion? Still have the other 2 plus MCW. Kjo? Still have CJ and Southerland to play for him. XMas? Same as Kjo, Southerland or CJ. Melo? Ummm...

Defensive presence and some offense especially the pick and roll. Melo may not be the best player on the team but is definitely the least expendable.

without a doubt. hope and pray its 2 games and back

without a doubt. hope and pray its 2 games and back

If it isn't 2, I just don't see any chance for an inside presence and we may as well go 3 guards and bomb away.

I won't panic over 1 game, but that was really ugly. Everyone should pray for good news Tuesday.

Yea i mean we cant win with rak and bmk in the middle. Just isnt going to happen. Watching cooley dominate makes me shiver to think what gates will do monday. May start manning up more and trying to run and gun.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Board traffic will be insane all day Tuesday. I'm already on pins and needles and because I'm a pessimist, expecting the worst. Why does something unforeseen always seem to derail this team?

The worst part of it tonight was more than one of the players just didn't have their head in the game. Poor ball handling, lack of effort on defense and not playing within the flow of the game(when there was any). Everyone can share the results of this one.
Hopefully they'll be embarrassed enough when they watch film that we'll see something resembling a team on Monday.

Board traffic will be insane all day Tuesday. I'm already on pins and needles and because I'm a pessimist, expecting the worst. Why does something unforeseen always seem to derail this team?

Simple. JB has always recruited troublesome players, players who are prone to academic and off-the-court problems.

His teams aren't built for the tournament, either. Too much run and gun and not enough, solid half-court play.

We're a great program from November to late January...then problems start to arise.

Let's hope Fab returns and we find our way.

yeah but suppose we held a draft tomorrow and you had to choose between cooley,xmas and moose?
we still had more talent.

Yea i mean we cant win with rak and bmk in the middle. Just isnt going to happen. Watching cooley dominate makes me shiver to think what gates will do monday. May start manning up more and trying to run and gun.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Really disappointed with the lack of progression from BMK. I know he's only a Soph but he also played like 15 mins a game last year which is a lot of game experience for a Frosh. Needs to get stronger with the ball and somehow develop an ability to catch the damn thing. Not to mention the rebounding issues we saw tonight..

Bingo. Didn't read the post this morning, but it's all very true.

Noone played well, period. Guards, forwards, center, etc. Terrible.

We should be able to lose a player and not look like a$$ for an entire game.

Still think we make the FF, but let's not say we lost because of one player.

I said it in another post but he is probably responsible for 15 points in our favor a game. 8 or so in points he scores, 4 points in shots altered or blocked, 2 points lets say in an extra possession because he draws a charge. His 8 or so rebounds would have resulted in less possessions for the other team. Easily 15 points because we get so little from Baye and Rak.

Folks, Fab makes a big difference for us in a lot of ways. As Bees says he is a very valuable player for us and probably the worst player we could afford to lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom