Lindsley out of the Noon Slot for Rome | Syracusefan.com

Lindsley out of the Noon Slot for Rome

GoSU96

Living Legend
but.....

He's taking over Axe's slot.

So in reality we now get two more hours of Lindsley? I'm going all in with the 1200ESPN guys now. Mcmanus is just ok, but he's Dan Patrick compared to that garbage on 1260.

Actually the problem is now I have one less station to listen too on way home from work. When he was on from 12-2 I didn't care

sat radio . cant pick up syracuse stations more than 10 min out of town anyway..

Only SU sports talk i could get in Binghamton, (TWS cable) now thats gone

Plavin must have bombed in his "audition". Jim Rome will have Noon-3PM and Lindsley will do 3-6PM. They are also replaicng Imus with a couple of shows including John Feinstein hosting one from 9-10AM. I'm asleep before that and didn't get the prior show, (which is not up on the website). It started today.

Feinstein might be interesting but I like Mike and Mike. I have no use for Rome and little for Cowherd. Van Plet and Russillo are pretty good. I tired the local show on ESPN 1200 but wasn't impressed. I'm not as down on Lindsley as most but he lacks the warmth and friendliness to attract me to a show. But I prefer a local show that's going to talk about our local teams and issues as well as the national stuff.

Plavin was all about Plavin's opinions and complaints a mile a minute. His whole post-game show Wednesday night was complaining about Boeheim's bench rotation. The next afternoon he started in with another lecture on the same subject. I'd heard it all and listened to something else. I tried him again an hour later and he was going on and on about the same thing. He had no features like "The Blind Side" or "The Trash List", except he ended the show with who he was betitng on in that evening's games. There was no humor, nothing relaxing and fun to listen to.

Plavin must have bombed in his "audition". Jim Rome will have Noon-3PM and Lindsley will do 3-6PM. They are also replaicng Imus with a couple of shows including John Feinstein hosting one from 9-10AM. I'm asleep before that and didn't get the prior show, (which is not up on the website). It started today.

Feinstein might be interesting but I like Mike and Mike. I have no use for Rome and little for Cowherd. Van Plet and Russillo are pretty good. I tired the local show on ESPN 1200 but wasn't impressed. I'm not as down on Lindsley as most but he lacks the warmth and friendliness to attract me to a show. But I prefer a local show that's going to talk about our local teams and issues as well as the national stuff.

Plavin was all about Plavin's opinions and complaints a mile a minute. His whole post-game show Wednesday night was complaining about Boeheim's bench rotation. The next afternoon he started in with another lecture on the same subject. I'd heard it all and listened to something else. I tried him again an hour later and he was going on and on about the same thing. He had no features like "The Blind Side" or "The Trash List", except he ended the show with who he was betitng on in that evening's games. There was no humor, nothing relaxing and fun to listen to.
I dont like Plavin but at least with him you dont have to worry about an hour of baseball talk with Boeheim getting 903 and Marrone NFL talk in a Syracuse market show

I dont like Plavin but at least with him you dont have to worry about an hour of baseball talk with Boeheim getting 903 and Marrone NFL talk in a Syracuse market show

Or golf. I like golf but for some reason talking about it in winter doesn't do much for me.

Those 2 options (Rome and Linsdley) are like trying to decide whether you want to eat a piece of or drink a glass of p1ss

The earlier show features Tiki Barber and Dana Jacobson.

"I tried him again an hour later and he was going on and on about the same thing."

He learned that from Axe

"I tried him again an hour later and he was going on and on about the same thing."

He learned that from Axe

Axe was no broken record.

By the way, I asked Lindsley what happened to Plavin- was he still employed there in some capacity? He declined to comment and asked me to go on to my real question. It sounds like this ended abruptly and not well for Alex. I liked him as an update guy and even with the post game shows but he sounded more like someone who called in than a host on the Afternoon Drive.

GO - I am going out of my friggen mind this week!

Manic mode - Pinstripe Bowl
Depressed mode - HC interviewing
Manic mode - HC staying
Depressed mode - Lindsley taking over for Axe

What's up next - I need to know what med to take next.

GO - I am going out of my friggen mind this week!

Manic mode - Pinstripe Bowl
Depressed mode - HC interviewing
Manic mode - HC staying
Depressed mode - Lindsley taking over for Axe

What's up next - I need to know what med to take next.

Happy hour all star games, I suggest a nice single malt and a victory cigar if annoucements go well.

But at least he would respect you SWC. I just heard you on Lindley's show and he shut you down hard when you asked about Plavin and he had no call to.

But at least he would respect you SWC. I just heard you on Lindley's show and he shut you down hard when you asked about Plavin and he had no call to.

Plavin is doing his last show now and said he wanted to stya but it's "beyond my control" but that he will still be doing producing, updates and the post games show. Why couldn't Lindsley have just said that?

For me to be a regular listener to a show it's got to be a relaxed, fun show, (which doesn't mean it can't be relevant and informative). Mike and Mike, Bud and the Manchild and the Axeman were like that. Lindsley and Plavin are not. Jim Rome sure isn't.

When Jason benetti and Jimmy Morgan, ("The Jimmer"), did a show together a few days back, they were wodnerful together. I'd love to listen to a show with those guys. I also think a "tandem" show is perhaps better than a show where one guy just blurts out his optinions. Axeman was a single host but he had so many guests, cohosts, conversations with the update guy and calls that it essentially was a tandem show. Again, Lindsley and Plavin are all about Lindsley and Plavin. :blah:

Are they still going to have it on TV? I won't be listening to his horrible show but I don't want to accidentally come across that mug while I'm flipping through the channels.

So the guy everyone seems to hate is moving to drive time? I can't wait to check back in a month from now and see how any intentional car crashes are occurring in Syracuse.

Well so much for me listening to 1260! Living in New Jersey I loved the fact that I could Tune into the local radio show talking Syracuse sports on my drive home. I thought Axe was solid And kept me entertained for most of the time. Listening to Lindsley makes me cringe! Does anybody else know of any good drivetime programs? I like upon further review but the app on my phone often has silence when the show is on.

So the guy everyone seems to hate is moving to drive time? I can't wait to check back in a month from now and see how any intentional car crashes are occurring in Syracuse.

It's going to be messy, dude. It's a good thing I tuned that station out a couple years ago. I'm totally immune to their host shuffling and monkey business. I always liked the other guys (Upon Further Review) better anyway. 1260 was dead to me after Parkins left.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom