Link to The Washington Post | Syracusefan.com

Link to The Washington Post

sabach

All American
history of the Syracuse/Georgetown rivalry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...fa40b0-85e1-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394_story.html

For those of you who are younger and think UConn is our rival, you just do not know how heated this rivalry was back in the day. I will miss this rivalry and the BET going forward and hate that it has to end. But I will never stop hating Georgetown. I sure hope the boys bring it Saturday. LGO.

Nice series of articles. In my life as an SU fan, the Georgetown rivalry has been the most important to me. I'm glad that SU's future in collegiate athletics is bright, but will miss games against Georgetown. I really want the next two games against Georgetown, i.e. if everything goes right, both of the next two Saturdays. I love to hate them more than any other and don't want that ever to change.

I think the rivalry argument is interesting. It's really a generational argument more than anything else.

My grandfather hated the Germans and Japanese more than anything. My father always saw the USSR as the enemy. I'm more concerned about China than they ever were.

I hated the Hoya's early on. Readjusted to UConn when they became the new measuring stick. And looking forward, I'm not sure who the big rival will be (UNC, Duke, or Ville most likely, and UNC and Duke don't have rivalry spots available).

I always hate the Hoya's, and I'll always hate UConn. But the energy behind it isn't what it once was.

They must have edited out the JB quote where he said; "Yes, this will be an and to an era but no matter how you look at it, GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS!";)

history of the Syracuse/Georgetown rivalry.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...fa40b0-85e1-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394_story.html

For those of you who are younger and think UConn is our rival, you just do not know how heated this rivalry was back in the day. I will miss this rivalry and the BET going forward and hate that it has to end. But I will never stop hating Georgetown. I sure hope the boys bring it Saturday. LGO.
Thanks for linking this. Good set of articles on a special rivalry.

Let's hope the two teams will continue to play in the future.

Regarding the rivalry, my absolute earliest memories of Marshall Street are walking into every single shop on the street when I was maybe 7 or 8 and seeing 50% t-shirts that mentioned how either the Hoyas suck or suggested that your mother is a Hoya.

F Georgetown.

Regarding the rivalry, my absolute earliest memories of Marshall Street are walking into every single shop on the street when I was maybe 7 or 8 and seeing 50% t-shirts that mentioned how either the Hoyas suck or suggested that your mother is a Hoya.

F Georgetown.
I remember after Thompson coached the US Olympic team to a bronze medal there were shirts with Thompson holding a bronze medal saying "go for the bronze".